Pars handed transfer embargo

Dunfermline have escaped with a transfer embargo following an SFA disciplinary hearing into their insolvency.

Last Updated: 09/05/13 at 18:58 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Transfer news: Brede Hangeland joins Crystal Palace on one-year deal

Post comment

Brede Hangeland has joined Crystal Palace on a free transfer, signing a one-year deal at Selhurst Park.

Transfer news: Fiorentina sign Jose Maria Basanta from Monterrey

Post comment

Fiorentina have shored up their defence ahead of the new season with the signing of Jose Maria Basanta from Monterrey.

All Articles

Dunfermline: Barred from signing players

Dunfermline: Barred from signing players

Dunfermline have escaped with a transfer embargo following a Scottish Football Association disciplinary hearing into their insolvency.

The First Division club were found guilty of breaking the SFA's rules by entering administration but their punishment complements a sanction already imposed by the Scottish Football League.

The SFA ruling means Dunfermline will be unable to sign any player aged over 21 until the end of the year.

Administrator Bryan Jackson said: "Whilst not welcoming any sanctions which limit the club's ability to perform, I believe that we got a fair hearing from the SFA and that they adequately took into account the specific circumstances that we face at Dunfermline.

"I recognise that they had to impose a penalty on the club for going into administration and believe that the transfer embargo until 31/12/2013 on players aged over 21 matches, to an extent, the existing SFL sanctions and is a reasoned response from the SFA.

"Whilst we are awaiting the written official judgement it is unlikely that we will be appealing this decision."

The SFL had previously imposed the same transfer embargo until the club come out of administration.

The league body also issued the Pars with a 15-point deduction, which ultimately consigned them to the play-offs.

Dunfermline lost the first leg of their semi-final 3-1 against Forfar at Station Park on Wednesday night and have set prices for Saturday's second leg at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions.

Jackson said: "The club is going through difficult times both on and off the pitch and I hope that we can now put these issues behind us and continue the battle to keep the team afloat financially and win in the play-offs."


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Jordan Henderson looking to raise game for Liverpool and England

Jordan Henderson is aware that he needs to 'step up' for Liverpool and England following the departures of key men.

Transfer news: Manchester City hoping to complete squad with centre-half

Manchester City are planning one more summer deal, with only a centre-back required to complete their squad.

Premier League: Paul Lambert delighted to have Roy Keane at Aston Villa

Paul Lambert is enjoying working alongside Roy Keane, a man he sees becoming a key figure at Aston Villa.

Mail Box

How Can Tim Sherwood Be Out Of Work?

Don't peple know his PPG was THE BEST EVER FOR A SPURS MANAGER? We also have mails on Luis Suarez, the new fashion for 3-5-2 and more...

Plenty Of Reasons Why Lukaku's Worth It

The mailbox defends Everton's enormous outlay on Romelu Lukaku, while we also have mails on Spurs and Suarez. Oh, and worrying about the new magic spray...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property