Carlo Ancelotti has turned down the chance to return to AC Milan, telling the club he needs rest.
Jose Mourinho insists Diego Costa is content at Chelsea in response to reports linking him with a return to Atletico Madrid.
Gus Poyet has confirmed he plans to lodge an appeal against Brighton's decision to sack him as manager.
Brighton released a statement on Sunday evening revealing Poyet's exit following a decision by the npower Championship club's internal disciplinary panel.
The statement claimed the club had informed Poyet of the decision, however, the stunned boss refuted that live on air after learning the news while acting as a pundit on the BBC for the Confederations Cup.
Poyet said he had received no communication from the club and that he had only become aware of the decision after BBC staff handed him a copy of the Brighton statement while on set during the first half of the match between Spain and Nigeria.
"I think the BBC have a great story forever, because a manager getting information that he is being released from his employment by the BBC is quite surprising," he said.
"I have had no communication, no texts, no e-mail. I didn't recieve anything on my phone so it is all up to you and the timing.
"The only thing I'm concentrating on is the appeal. I will appeal because it's the right thing to do."
The Uruguayan was immediately cut to become Newcastle's next manager by bookmakers - Sky Bet went in from 4/1 to 11/10, making him their new favourite to replace Alan Pardew.
Poyet's feud with the club has gathered pace since Brighton suffered play-off defeat to Crystal Palace last month.
The Uruguayan, assistant manager Mauricio Taricco and coach Charlie Oatway were subsequently told to stay away from the club in the wake of a disciplinary hearing.
Brighton have remained tight-lipped over the reasons for the action, although Taricco's ban has since been lifted.
Poyet said he had not expected the decision, which comes after a disciplinary hearing had to be adjourned this week after he opted not to attend, despite ongoing conversations between his lawyers and Brighton.
"Not really. Today there have been plenty of phone calls between the representatives," he said when asked if he had expected to be fired.
"Everybody and the viewers can take their own conclusion about the way I have been informed.
"(Are they) messing with my career? We'll see. I think it is too early to say. I'm looking forward to making sure we clear this."
Brighton now appear likely to appoint an interim manager - with the players due to report back for pre-season on Monday - after admitting in their statement they would be forced to wait for the result of any Poyet appeal before moving on.
"Gus Poyet has been informed today by Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club's internal disciplinary panel that his employment has been terminated with immediate effect," the club's statement read.
"This followed his suspension, an investigation, and a subsequent formal disciplinary process.
"In line with the club's own procedures, and UK employment law, Mr Poyet now has a right of appeal. As such, the club will make no further comment on this matter or recent LMA statements at this time.
"Given the close proximity of the new season, the club will, in conjunction with its board, now seek to appoint an interim manager pending the outcome of a possible appeal.
"The interim manager will oversee the initial weeks of pre-season preparation alongside the club's existing staff.
"The club's first-team players report back as planned for pre-season testing tomorrow, Monday June 24, with the squad's first technical sessions commencing on Thursday June 27. The team play Whitehawk on Saturday July 6 and leave for their summer training camp in Spain on July 14."
The League Managers' Association this week backed Poyet's decision to initially skip his disciplinary hearing, and said the charges against him were, in its opinion, "unfounded".
Brighton reacted by threatening to take action against the LMA in a statement.
"Brighton and Hove Albion Football Club was disappointed and concerned to see comments made by the League Managers' Association in advance of the reconvened disciplinary hearing involving Gus Poyet.
"The LMA's statement was neither fair nor accurate.
"The club will not comment further at this stage because it is important that the disciplinary hearing takes place according to the relevant timescales and procedures.
"Meantime, the LMA is fully aware that the club has reserved its right to consider further action regarding the LMA's statement once the disciplinary process is complete."