Hearts reject second Holt offer

Hearts have rejected an improved offer for midfielder Jason Holt.

Last Updated: 12/07/13 at 15:13 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Ryan Nelsen says West Ham keeping Winston Reid is a coup

Post comment

Ryan Nelsen believes West Ham have issued a statement of intent by tying Winston Reid to a new deal.

Tottenham want striker Shaquile Coulthirst to go out on loan

Post comment

Tottenham are keen for striker Shaquile Coulthirst to continue his development out on loan after his spell at Southend.

All Articles

Jason Holt (l): Linked with Nottingham F

Jason Holt (l): Linked with Nottingham F

The administration-hit club confirmed they had turned down a "second bid from a Championship club" following reports Nottingham Forest had renewed attempts to sign the 20-year-old, who scored three goals in 23 first-team appearances last season.

Hearts fans have allowed the club to rebuff transfer offers after generating more than £750,000 of income since the club went into administration last month, mainly through season ticket sales.

Hearts managing director David Southern told the club's official website: "It's thanks to the fantastic fundraising efforts of the supporters that we are in a position where we do not have to sell our best talent for below market value.

"Gary Locke has a small squad and will face a challenging season so to rid him of another player, and such a talented one as Jason Holt, would not benefit him or the club as a whole."

The deadline for first offers for the club is later today with the Foundation of Hearts supporters alliance the first to submit their offer.


Click here for completely free £10 bet with Sky Bet


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Louis van Gaal denies bust up with Man Utd assistant Ryan Giggs

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has hit out after he was asked about his relationship with Ryan Giggs.

Roy Hodgson says Harry Kane is ready to play for England but may have to wait

Roy Hodgson says Tottenham striker Harry Kane is ready to play for England but says it is not a certainty he will be called up.

Papiss Cisse faces seven-match ban after admitting FA charge

Newcastle's Papiss Cisse faces a seven-match ban after admitting an FA charge relating to Wednesday's spitting incident.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company