Mikel Arteta’s agent says the midfielder is enjoying life at Arsenal and has no desire to leave for Fiorentina.
Ferencvaros have announced the signing of former West Bromwich Albion and Fulham midfielder Zoltan Gera.
Chris Coleman insists he has "no problem" with Football Association of Wales chief executive Jonathan Ford, despite his unhappiness at talks over his contract extension stalling.
Just over a month ago Coleman and the FAW had all but sealed a new two-year deal, but defeats to Macedonia and Serbia saw the contract put on hold until after the Group A campaign is over.
Coleman did his cause no harm by guiding a patched-up Wales to a 1-0 victory over Macedonia in Cardiff on Friday, moving the Dragons off the bottom and up to fourth in the group.
But he has spoken of his irritation at what he sees as short-termism from the FAW, and his desire to have the unequivocal backing of his employers does not tally with their request to alter his backroom staff.
The former Fulham boss admits he is undecided over whether he would accept a new contract should it eventually be offered, but insists he still has a good relationship with chief executive Ford, despite comments made in the media that Coleman needed to produce in this final qualification double-header.
"I spoke to him before the game, he sent me a text wishing me good luck as he always does," said Coleman.
"I have never had a problem with Jonathan, he has a job to do. Sometimes when someone puts a microphone in front of your face you say things you think maybe you shouldn't have said.
"The FAW will have their ideas of where they see Welsh football going as they are entitled to, but whatever happens after these games will happen.
"Last month the contract was agreed and there for me to sign, after two defeats I wasn't able to sign it.
"I cannot sit here telling you my mind is made up, because it isn't. Is Jonathan behind me? You would have to ask him that."
Having picked up the morale-boosting win over Macedonia, just the fourth of Coleman's 14-game reign, Wales now face the daunting task of facing group winners Belgium, who sealed their place in Brazil with a 2-1 win over Croatia.
But the Dragons boss has urged his depleted squad to show no fear in Brussels.
"I hope the Belgium boys have been out and done some partying," he said. "I wouldn't mind picking up the tab for that to be honest with you.
"But I am not afraid of it, and we should not be afraid of it.
"We are up against one of the best teams in front of a full house and they have qualified.
"But let's see what we can do, because that is how you find out more about yourself. It will be very tough but I am looking forward to it. We have bodies missing but we need to go again on."
Coleman also expressed his delight at how the likes of Lloyd Isgrove, Declan John and 16-year-old Harry Wilson fitted into his squad for their first taste of senior international football, and feels it points to an increasingly bright future for Wales.
"A lot of our players may not be ready now, but they will be in a few years I believe," he said. "The lads who have come in have done brilliantly
"People say we are not bringing any players through from the under-21s but Declan John, Harry Wilson and Lloyd Isgrove are all coming through.
"I am not too sure how many countries in and around our level have got players coming through like that.
"We have good players, I don't see the doom and gloom other people see. I think we have some very good players and now we have other good players coming through."