Milan determined to keep Balotelli

AC Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri has denied that Mario Balotelli could leave the club in January.

Last Updated: 30/10/13 at 12:15 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Derby County striker Kwame Thomas joins Blackpool on loan

Post comment

Blackpool have signed Derby striker Kwame Thomas on a six-month loan.

Crawley Town sign Callum Preston

Post comment

Crawley have signed former Birmingham goalkeeper Callum Preston on a one-year contract.

All Articles

Balotelli: Staying with Milan, says Alle

Balotelli: Staying with Milan, says Alle

The striker has been linked in the Italian media with a possible move abroad after being constantly in the spotlight for his actions on and off the pitch.

The 23-year-old Italy international joined AC Milan from Manchester City in January and is contracted to the Rossoneri through to June 2017.

"He will not leave in January," Allegri said on www.acmilan.com. "Absolutely not.

"I think Mario should be left in peace. It's not difficult to manage him.

"There's far too much discussion of the man's private life. I think that Balotelli should be judged for what he does on the pitch like all other players."

Allegri claims it would be wrong to read too much into his decision to substitute Balotelli in Sunday's 3-2 defeat at Parma.

"It happens that players play badly but if you are Mario then everything is blown out of proportion," Allegri said. "Mario didn't play well against Parma but I'm sure he will make amends against Lazio.

"He scored 12 goals in 13 games last year.

"In the first half of the season he has done great things."

Balotelli, who has scored three goals in five league appearances for the Rossoneri this season, is expected to lead Milan's attack in Wednesday's match against Lazio.


New Sky Bet customers: Claim free £5 bet every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Chelsea fail with £25m bid for Everton's John Stones

Everton have rejected an improved bid of £25m from Chelsea for centre-half John Stones, according to Sky sources.

Jose: 'Cabaye move makes PL harder'

Jose Mourinho claims the transfer of players like Yohan Cabaye to mid-table clubs makes the PL "very, very hard" to win.

Real reopen talks over £28m De Gea deal

Real Madrid have reportedly reopened negotiations with Manchester United over David de Gea and may complete a deal in the coming days.

Mail Box

Mails: This Is My Perfect Moment

Lots of Mailboxers channel their inner Martine McCutcheon to bring you their perfect footballing moments. Plus thoughts on Blatter, names, and Chelsea worries...

Mails: Let's Talk About Jose's Failures...

We don't talk about them because Chelsea won the title...but imagine if LVG or Brendan Rodgers had signed Juan Cuadrado. Plus, a trawl through the squads...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company