New Newcastle deal for Dummett

Newcastle defender Paul Dummett has agreed a new contract, which could keep him at his boyhood club for the next six years.

Last Updated: 02/11/13 at 10:53 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Transfer news: Mario Balotelli wanted AC Milan exit, says CEO Adriano Galliani

Post comment

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Mario Balotelli wanted to leave the club for Liverpool this summer.

Transfer News: Artur Boruc joins Bournemouth on loan from Southampton

Post comment

Bournemouth have signed goalkeeper Artur Boruc on loan from Southampton.

All Articles

Dummett: Long-term contract

Dummett: Long-term contract

Newcastle defender Paul Dummett has agreed a new long-term contract, which could keep him at his boyhood club for the next six years.

The 22-year-old Tyneside-born academy product, who made his first-team debut in an FA Cup tie at Brighton earlier this year and was handed a full Barclays Premier League bow in last weekend's derby defeat at Sunderland, was thrilled to have committed his future to the Magpies.

Dummett, who marked his third senior appearance with his first goal in the 2-2 draw against Liverpool at St James' Park last month, said: "I am delighted to secure my long-term future with Newcastle United.

"Like so many local lads, it has been my boyhood dream to play for this club and now I am looking forward to repaying their faith in me and working hard to be the best possible player I can be."

Dummett played 36 games and won the Scottish League Cup during a loan spell at St Mirren last term, and manager Alan Pardew feels that experience has been a positive for the player.

"Paul fully deserves his new contract and we're delighted for him," Pardew said.

"He has made great progress in the last year, benefiting enormously from his spell at St Mirren last year.

"His performances this season for us have been first class and we were all delighted he scored his first goal for the club against Liverpool, and a very important one at that."

Director of football Joe Kinnear added: "We're delighted that Paul has committed his long term future to the club.

"In reality, this was never in doubt as we wanted Paul to stay and, as a Geordie, Paul made it clear that the only place he wanted to play was Newcastle United - it was just a question of finding the right deal for both parties, which we have managed to do."


New Sky Bet customers: Claim free £5 bet every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Everton striker Samuel Eto'o convinces Roberto Martinez

Everton manager Roberto Martinez believes Samuel Eto'o is ready to be the starting striker.

Transfer news: Mario Balotelli wanted AC Milan exit, says CEO Adriano Galliani

AC Milan CEO Adriano Galliani has confirmed that Mario Balotelli wanted to leave the club for Liverpool this summer.

Premiership: Chelsea's Diego Costa to return against Manchester City

Diego Costa will return for Chelsea's Sky Live showdown with Manchester City on Sunday.

Mail Box

Be Careful What You Wish For, Gooners

That's the message from a Man United fan in the mailbox. Plus, thoughts on Paul Lambert's new contract, the Alan Pardew dilemma at Newcastle and lots more...

No, Wenger IS To Blame For Failure...

The backlash to the backlash to the backlash sees Arsene Wenger getting a good kicking while we also have mails on Chelsea, Newcastle, Everton and lots more...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property