Coloccini content at Newcastle

Fabricio Coloccini has re-affirmed his commitment to Newcastle amid fresh speculation that he wants to leave.

Last Updated: 06/12/13 at 13:16 Post Comment   

Latest Articles

Ancelotti backed for Man Utd job

Post comment

A gamble on Carlo Ancelotti to become the next Manchester United manager took place on Wednesday.

Camacho signs new deal

Post comment

Ignacio Camacho has ended speculation over his future by signing a new contract at Malaga.

All Articles

Fabricio Coloccini: Giving his all for N

Fabricio Coloccini: Giving his all for N

Newcastle skipper Fabricio Coloccini has re-affirmed his commitment to the club amid fresh speculation that he wants to leave.

Reports from Argentina have suggested the 31-year-old, who asked to be allowed to return to his native country 12 months ago for personal reasons, will seek a move once the January transfer window opens.

However, Coloccini, who joined the Magpies in a £10.3million switch from Deportivo la Coruna during the summer of 2008, has played down the claims, which were backed by quotes attributed to him.

He told the Shields Gazette: "The Press sometimes say things I said months ago, not now.

"I respect the fans. When I go on to the pitch, I always give 100 per cent for this shirt because they give me lots of love, and I have to say thank you."

Argentinian club San Lorenzo were desperate to sign Coloccini earlier this year after it emerged that he wanted to return home, but simply could not come up with the finance to push through a move.

However, Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was determined to keep the player, who signed a four-year contract in March last year, in any case and he was persuaded to stay.


New Sky Bet customers: Claim free £5 bet every week


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Premier League: Paul Lambert plays down uncertainty over future at Aston Villa

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert insists he "fully intends" to remain in charge of the Premier League club next season.

Premier League: Ramires banned for four matches after accepting FA charge

Chelsea midfielder Ramires will serve a four-match suspension after a charge of violent conduct went uncontested.

No contact from Manchester United says Borussia Dortmund coach Jurgen Klopp

Jurgen Klopp says he has not been approached by Manchester United to fill the managerial vacancy at Old Trafford.

Mail Box

Guardiola Is No Better Than Moyes...

At least he wasn't in Bayern's defeat to Real Madrid, says one chap in the mailbox. Plus, more excitement over Van Gaal at Man United and thoughts on FFP...

Man United Fans Excited By Van Gaal Talk

Man United fans know who they want to replace David Moyes, with Louis van Gaal the favourite to take over at Old Trafford. Plus, thoughts on Real Madrid v Bayern Munich...

© 2014 British Sky Broadcasting Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media property