Besiktas make Lescott claim

Besiktas claim they are trying to tie up a deal for Joleon Lescott and are also chasing Brazilian legend Ronaldinho.

Last Updated: 01/01/14 at 11:28 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Premier League : Ryan Nelsen says West Ham keeping Winston Reid is a coup

Post comment

Ryan Nelsen believes West Ham have issued a statement of intent by tying Winston Reid to a new deal.

Tottenham want striker Shaquile Coulthirst to go out on loan

Post comment

Tottenham are keen for striker Shaquile Coulthirst to continue his development out on loan after his spell at Southend.

All Articles

Joleon Lescott: Targeted by Besiktas

Joleon Lescott: Targeted by Besiktas

Lescott is out of contract at Manchester City at the end of the season, and he seems to be down the pecking order under Manuel Pellegrini - behind the likes of Vincent Kompany, Matija Nastasic and Martin Demichelis.

However, with injuries hitting City hard, Lescott has still featured 13 times and Pellegrini has said that he is not looking to sell in January.

But Besiktas are seemingly confident then can agree a deal for Lescott as they look to spend big in January.

"We are negotiating with Manchester City over defender Joleon Lescott," Besiktas board member Ahmet Kavalci is quoted by Turkish news agency AA.

"There will be some important development about this on Thursday."

Kavalci also confirmed the club are hopeful of finalising a deal for Ronaldinho, whom they have been tracking for a number of weeks.

The 33-year-old Atletico Miniero star is being tipped to make an unlikely return to Europe, where he last played with AC Milan in 2010.

Kavalci says sponsorship will help fund what will be a major deal for the Istanbul outfit.

He added: "With Ronaldinho official transfer talks have begun, the cost will be met through sponsors.

"However, in its current state the problem of the transfer is that the cost has yet to be agreed on."

Last week Ronaldinho's brother Roberto de Assis admitted that talks had been ongoing with Besiktas for more than a year.

"They [Besiktas] have been in talks with me for more than year," he told Globo Esporte.

"I am here in Europe, but there is no meeting scheduled with anyone."


New Sky Bet customers: Free £30 matched bet


Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

FA charges Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans

The FA have charged Newcastle's Papiss Cisse and Manchester United's Jonny Evans over Wednesday's 'spitting' incident.

Jonny Evans issues denial as Papiss Cisse apologises in 'spitting' row

Manchester United's Jonny Evans has denied spitting at Papiss Cisse, while the Newcastle striker has apologised for his actions.

Coutinho, Fernandinho, Oscar, Willian and Filipe Luis named in Brazil squad

Philippe Coutinho among five Premier League players named in the Brazil squad for the friendlies with France and Chile.

Mail Box

Have To Trust Managers On Mata

It's all very well bemoaning the lack of action for Juan Mata, but we have to trust the judgement of Van Gaal and Mourinho. Plus Martinez Out, and Leicester are doomed...

Should Gerrard Get In This Liverpool Side?

Never mind the long goodbye, should he actually get back into this excellent Liverpool side playing with pace? Mostly we talk Manchester United, though. It's good...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company