Correa set for heart surgery

Atletico Madrid have announced that new signing Angel Correa is to undergo surgery to correct a heart condition but that his transfer from San Lorenzo is still set to go ahead as planned.

Last Updated: 16/06/14 at 10:42 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Hatem Ben Arfa banned from playing for Nice due to Newcastle and Hull appearances

Post comment

Former Hull and Newcastle forward Hatem Ben Arfa will not be able to play for Nice this season under FIFA rules.

Transfer news: Tottenham winger Aaron Lennon in loan deal talks with Hull City

Post comment

Hull are in talks to sign Aaron Lennon on loan from Tottenham for the rest of the season, Sky sources understand.

All Articles

 Angel Correa: Atletico switch set to go

Angel Correa: Atletico switch set to go

The Primera Division champions announced last month they had agreed a deal to sign the highly-rated 19-year-old forward on a five-year contract, subject to a medical.

That medical revealed a cardiac condition and, on the advice of specialists, the Argentinian forward - who has been compared to compatriot and former Atletico hero Sergio Aguero - has decided to have an operation.

An Atletico statement read: "Angel Correa will undergo microsurgery in the coming days to resolve a heart condition that was detected during the medical that he took in Madrid on May 28.

"The player has taken this decision after being advised by recognised experts in the field, with the coordination of the medical teams of Atletico Madrid and San Lorenzo.

"Those doctors predict a speedy recovery without any complications."

Both Atletico and San Lorenzo confirmed that the transfer, which will see the Champions League finalists pay a reported £6million for the striker, would be finalised once Correa has recovered.

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Mark Hughes talking about new contract with Stoke City

Mark Hughes has revealed preliminary talks over him extending his stay as Stoke City manager are underway.

Cristiano Ronaldo admits he made a mistake against Cordoba, says Real Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti

Cristiano Ronaldo knows he made a mistake against Cordoba and accepts his two-game ban, according to Carlo Ancelotti.

David Ginola no longer challenger to Sepp Blatter for FIFA presidency

David Ginola has confirmed his withdrawal as a candidate to take on Sepp Blatter for the position of FIFA president.

Mail Box

'Costa Is A Bad Man. Suarez Is Not'

That's quite some claim. And yes, unfortunately we are still talking about this. We also have mails on Ronaldinho, possible replacements for Yaya Toure and more...

Red Mist Better Than Calculated Costa?

Hmmm. We're not sure about this argument - one Mailbox says Luis Suarez is easier to forgive because he is a little loco. We also have mails on Studge and more...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company