Double deal disappoints Pearce

Nottingham Forest manager Stuart Pearce has aired his disappointment at the sanctioning of a deal involving Jamaal Lascelles and Karl Darlow.

Last Updated: 05/08/14 at 12:25 Post Comment

Latest Articles

Sampdoria ask Liverpool for Mario Balotelli 'discount'

Post comment

Sampdoria have admitted their interest in Italian striker Mario Balotelli, but have asked Liverpool to lower their £7.1m asking price.

Premier League clubs interested in Northampton's Ivan Toney

Post comment

Northampton manager Chris Wilder has confirmed interest from Premier League and Championship clubs for Ivan Toney.

All Articles

Stuart Pearce: Believes Newcastle offer

Stuart Pearce: Believes Newcastle offer

Sky Sports revealed earlier on Monday that Newcastle United have agreed a package worth over £5million for Lascelles and Darlow, with the duo set to be loaned back to their current employers once an agreement is pushed through.

Pearce, though, claims to have been kept in the dark during discussions to take the pair to St James’ Park, with the former England U21 coach regularly expressing a desire to keep key men at the City Ground.

He has been eager to point out that he would only consider offers if he considered them to be of benefit to Forest and would allow him to dip back into the transfer market and bring in cover of a similar standard.

Pearce feels the terms tabled by Newcastle should have been knocked back and has been left frustrated at seeing his authority on the playing side at Forest undermined.

He said in the Evening Post: “We had an offer from Newcastle, that I was made aware of last week, in regards to the two players going there.

“The figures that were mentioned, by the representative of our club – I said I would not do that deal, when I was asked the question.

“I thought I could push their value up and that they would be worth more in the long run.

“The first I heard today about things was when Jamaal Lascelles came in and told me that he had a medical at 2pm at Newcastle.

“That disappointed me greatly.”

Pearce insists that his relationship with owner Fawaz Al Hasawi remains a healthy one, despite the breakdown in communication, but believes a mistake has been made in accepting a bid for two players of huge promise at this stage of their career.

He added: “I think I have a good relationship with the club.

“But obviously, for whatever reason, they have decided to take the money on this situation.

“I do not agree with it. But the only olive branch I have got is that the boys are both coming back on a year loan, which is a bonus.

“But I felt that, if they stayed at the club, they would only have increased in value.”

Football365 Facebook Fan Page

The Football365 fan page is a great place to meet like minded people, have football related discussions and make new friends.

Footer 365

Chelsea's Jose Mourinho goads Arsene Wenger

Jose Mourinho has started mind games ahead of the new season by heaping praise on Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal.

Jose Mourinho says Eden Hazard was better than Cristiano Ronaldo last season

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho believes Eden Hazard performed better than Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo last season.

Sampdoria ask Liverpool for Mario Balotelli 'discount'

Sampdoria have admitted their interest in Italian striker Mario Balotelli, but have asked Liverpool to lower their £7.1m asking price.

Mail Box

Only Arsenal Fans Care About Friendlies

We are not entirely surprised after Arsenal fans leapt to the defence of friendlies. We also have mails on Louis van Gaal, Liverpool and more mundane tales...

Friendlies: Still Completely Meaningless

There is sharp message for anyone thinking about getting excited about friendlies, plus worries about Wayne Rooney. Every one of you has met a bloody footballer...

© 2015 Sky Ltd. All Rights Reserved A Sky Sports Digital Media company