United (and others) to miss out on Mehdi Benatia, Chelsea want £30m for Lukaku, Vlaar to hold Villa talks...
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT
'Manchester United and Chelsea are ready to go head-to-head in a summer battle to sign £54million striker Edinson Cavani,' says the Daily Mail, who never mention the small matter of United's chances of winning that summer battle being practically nonexistent if they don't reach the Champions League. So Chelsea it is, then.
'The Uruguayan's representatives were in London as they consider a move away from Paris Saint-Germain, where Cavani has become unsettled,' says the report, which claims that 'Cavani's camp are ready to hold preliminary discussions with would-be suitors'. They also say that Man United enquired about his availability in January but were told by PSG that he was not for sale.
Atletico Madrid's Diego Costa and Bayern Munich's Mario Mandzukic are other names mentioned in a summer hunt for strikers that will presumably also feature Arsenal. This could be fun.
NO DEAL ON JANUZAJ
It was the Daily Star's splash on Thursday when they claimed that PSG were plotting a £40m move for Adnan Januzaj and now on Friday, they claim that Manchester United will not sell at any price. A club source said: "Adnan has a massive role to play in the future of the team and he can go on to become a huge success at United. It doesn't matter what offers might come in for him, he will not be sold because he is not for sale."
We feel talk of a Cavani/Januzaj swap deal coming on in 76...75...73...72...
LIVERPOOL GO FOR UAE WINGER
'Liverpool are weighing up a summer swoop for £5m-rated Emirates winger Omar Abdulrahman,' says the Daily Star. He apparently plays for Al-Ain and the UAE national team and was rated the No.1 Asian player in 2012. He has previously been offered trials with Arsenal and Manchester City. He turned down the former and a move to the latter broke down because of work permit issues. Expect Liverpool to offer £2m and then throw their hands up in the air when it doesn't happen.
AND THE REST
Manchester City intend to open talks with Samir Nasri over a new contract before the end of the season...Manchester City face competition from Juventus in the race to sign Porto midfielder Fernando...Ashley Cole would have to take a 50 per cent pay cut to relaunch his career in America...Marseille fear they will not be able to hold on to 16-year-old midfielder Maxime Lopez as Liverpool, Chelsea, Manchester City and Arsenal are interested.