Barca blame Arsenal man for ‘killing’ Suarez transfer

Date published: Tuesday 29th January 2019 11:12

Barcelona have blamed Arsenal’s Head of Football Raul Sanllehi over the lack of progress made in talks over the potential transfer of Denis Suarez, according to reports.

The one-cap Spain international was linked with a move to the Gunners back in December as Barcelona offered him as a replacement for Aaron Ramsey.

At the time, Barca apparently told the 24-year-old that they were finally ready to sell and would accept a cut-price £14m price for the Spanish playmaker.

However, matters have since complicated as Unai Emery was told that he could only sign loan players in the January transfer market.

Emery had reportedly made Suarez his prime target for the window after previously working with him at Sevilla.

Reports have claimed that talks have come to nothing with the Catalan giants unwilling to sanction a loan move, while fellow La Liga sides Sevilla and Real Betis are both prepared to meet their valuation of Suarez.

And Spanish newspaper Mundo Deportivo say that Barcelona blame Sanllehi for the collapse of the deal, who was a director at the Camp Nou previous to his role at Arsenal.

Barcelona’s hierarchy believe that Sanllehi ‘killed’ any deal before the transfer deadline by turning negotiations into a game of one-upmanship.

That has led the Gunners to pursuing their interest in Ivan Perisic, that has led to the winger putting in a transfer request at Inter Milan.

 

More Related Articles