Barca director reveals Coutinho future amid Man Utd links

Date published: Monday 7th January 2019 11:44

Barcelona’s director of institutional and sporting relations Guillermo Amor claims Philippe Coutinho has a future at the club despite his lack of playing time.

The Brazilian is only a year into his contract at the Camp Nou following his £142million move from Liverpool last January.

However, he has so far failed to justify the heavy price tag and Ernesto Valverde hasn’t started him in a La Liga match since December 2.

Coutinho only played seven minuted in Barcelona‘s narrow 2-1 win over Getafe on Sunday and Manchester United are reportedly ‘in talks’ over a potential move which would cost in excess of £100million.

However, Amor says that Coutinho still has a future at Barca and he believes the 26-year-old still has “a lot to give” the club.

“Coutinho’s a player with a lot of experience, one of the best players in Europe and he is ready to play [for] five minutes or 90 minutes,” Amor said during an interview with Movistar.

“He’s a player that thinks more about the team than himself and there are no doubts about him being one of the best players in the world.

“He’s always played well for Barca, he could play [every game] from the off.

“Barca signed him because he’s one of the best in the world and he’s going to give us a lot.

“He’s got many years left on his contract and a lot to give to Barcelona.”

 

More Related Articles