Butterfield saves Terriers point

Butterfield, subject to two rejected transfer bids by Derby, struck from a tight angle on 54 minutes after a corner was only half cleared.
Brighton – who were looking to extend their 100 per cent league record – dominated the first half, with Beram Kayal opening the scoring after just 17 seconds, but the hosts fought back after the break to earn their point.
The hosts’ were left playing catch up straight away after Sam Baldock embarked on an unchallenged 40-yard dash from the kick off.
Kayal picked up his pass inside and as the Huddersfield defence backed the former Celtic man unleashed a curling effort into the top right corner from the edge of the box.
Spurred on by that early goal, the Seagulls were rampant for the rest of the first half, penning the Terriers back at every opportunity, but they were unable to extend their lead.
Kayal had a shot deflected wide after a solo run after 11 minutes and from the resulting Solly March corner the unmarked Gordon Greer headed just over.
Baldock was almost clean through when a corner from the hosts was cleared over the top in his direction after 17 minutes.
He almost got to it, but Terriers keeper Joe Murphy, starting due to a potential move to QPR for Alex Smithies, raced out of his box to head clear.
Five minutes later Tomer Hemed put Baldock in and again Murphy saved, as he did on 35 minutes when Kayal also put the former MK Dons striker through.
A rare highlight for Huddersfield before the break came on 40 minutes when Nahki Wells was fouled on the edge of the box.
Gaetan Bong was booked while Butterfield, whom Town boss Chris Powell said is integral to his plans, curled the free kick just over the bar.
The second half was a different story. Despite making no changes at the break Town looked a totally changed side.
Wells gave notice of the attacking intent when on 47 minutes he was flagged off-side from Ishmael Miller’s clever through ball.
Just before Butterfield scored Miller saw a shot tipped away by Brighton keeper David Stockdale.
Dean Whitehead fired over on 68 minutes and soon after Bruno Salter cleared a Jason Davidson cross from near his goal-line with Miller waiting to pounce.
Another centre by Australia World Cup star Davidson on 71 minutes was volleyed by Wells from 12 yards only for Stockdale to parry.
Town nearly self-destructed at the other end eight minutes later when a clearance by Joel Lynch fell to Dale Stephens.
The midfielder’s disguised low shot was blocked by the head of Davidson on the ground with Murphy going the other way.
In a late rally Brighton substitute Jamie Murphy crossed from the left three minutes from time and fellow replacement Chris O’Grady headed onto the roof of the net.