Cazorla injury ‘the worst I’ve ever known’ admits Wenger

Date published: Thursday 16th November 2017 9:35

Arsene Wenger admits that the injury that has sidelined Santi Cazorla is “the worst injury I’ve known”.

Cazorla has been sidelined since October 2016, injuring his foot in a Champions League game with Ludogorets.

The midfielder was expected to only miss a number of months, but has now been out of action for over a year.

The Spaniard recently opened up with regards to his injury, stating that he almost lost his foot at one stage due to infection.

Wenger v Pochettino: The scoreline is 12-12 so far…

“It is [the worst injury I’ve seen],” he said. “Honestly, it is. Yes. It is the worst injury I’ve known, starting with a little pain on the Achilles. It’s gone worse to worse.

“I must say, I know how much Santi Cazorla loves to play football and loves to be out there every day. I feel really sorry for what happened to him because it’s unbelievable.

“I wish [that he’ll be back in January]. The last time I saw him was one month ago, he came here. I told him to prepare as well as he can, he has competent medical people around him, and to try to practice.

“I have not spoken to him recently but I hope he comes back. I left him out of the squad hoping he’d be available in January, that was my target.”

When asked whether Cazorla might never play again, Wenger replied: “I hope that you are wrong.”


More Related Articles