A report has revealed that Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy claimed there was “no chance” he would sell Harry Kane to Manchester United or Manchester City this summer.
It was understood earlier in the summer that Levy had made a ‘gentleman’s agreement’ to allow the England international to leave this summer.
Since then Kane has tried to engineer his exit from the club. Until yesterday, when the Spurs striker confirmed he would be staying in north London beyond the summer.
Manchester City were the main club chasing his signature this summer with Levy reportedly holding out for as much as £160m for his prized asset.
The Citizens reportedly made a first bid in May offering five players in a part-exchange deal before offering £75m plus £25m in additional add-ons in June.
However, none of this mattered as Levy had absolutely no intention of selling Kane this summer, especially to City or United.
The Daily Mail claim Levy ‘seethed privately’ and said: “There is no way I am selling him to one of those two. No chance.”
Announcing his decision to stay, Kane tweeted: “It was incredible to see the reception from the Spurs fans on Sunday and to read some of the messages of support I’ve had in the last few weeks.
“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100 per cent focused on helping the team achieve success.”
And Tottenham boss Nuno Espirito Santo was ecstatic to hear the news about Kane.
“Great news, fantastic news,” Nuno told a press conference ahead of Spurs’ Europa Conference League qualifying play-off tie against Pacos de Ferreira on Thursday night.
“I think since Harry joined us (after his holiday) he has been working so this is what we value. His attitude in training has been excellent. It’s finished, Harry is going to be with us.
“He is an option for (Thursday). It is great news for everybody. We are all very happy – (he’s) one of the best players in the world. Delighted to have one more option for the season ahead of us.”