‘TEN’ PLAYERS TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL
The Daily Mail say ten while the Daily Mirror reckon eight, but the story remains virtually the same: Liverpool are preparing to have a massive clearout of players, and have leaked as much to the newspapers.
Jurgen Klopp has seen four players arrive at Anfield this summer, fuelling hope that Liverpool could seriously challenge for the Premier League title. But Klopp reportedly believes that the squad is far too bloated, and will look to sell a number of players in the next two weeks.
That list in full:
– Loris Karius: Yeah, that’s fair enough if he’s going to be third choice.
– Danny Ings: He’s already been told that he cannot expect first-team football, so yes.
– Divock Origi: We’re told that Liverpool expect to recoup a fee of £27m, which seems monstrously optimistic.
– Simon Mignolet: He leaves if Karius doesn’t, so that doesn’t really count as an extra.
– Lazar Markovic: One year left on his contract, never quite looked consistent enough. Shame.
– Pedro Chirivella: That isn’t going to be a great loss.
– Marko Grujic: Liverpool apparently want £20m. Is this just a club saying that they will accept silly money for their unwanted goods?
– Ben Woodburn: Liverpool would allow a loan deal. Which comes as no surprise.
– Sheyi Ojo: See Woodburn, Ben.
Erm, you only named nine guys.
EVERYONE WANTS SARR
The Sun have an exclusive on Tuesday morning, and as ever with one of Daniel Cutts’ exclusives, it doesn’t actually make the hard copy of the newspaper. You can make your own conclusions about what it means when The Sun won’t even print the claim that a player apparently worth £50m is wanted by a host of big Premier League clubs.
That player is Ismaila Starr, the Senegalese forward currently at Rennes but who has been linked with a move away from France. By his agent, probably.
Cutts writes that Barcelona, Juventus, Manchester United, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea want Sarr, and he even has quotes from Sarr’s agent who reveals this widespread interest.
All together now: Well he would bloody say that wouldn’t he?
NZONZI TO ARSENAL, BUT…
You can understand why Steven Nzonzi might be linked with Arsenal. They have been mentioned as interested suitors in the past, they have Unai Emery in charge who managed Nzonzi at Sevilla and he has Premier League experience.
But we can’t help but feel that Nzonzi’s agent is behind most of the stories reporting that Arsenal are in ‘advanced talks’ to sign the central midfielder. In Lucas Torreira, Arsenal already have a Jack Wilshere replacement. Santi Cazorla has also left the Emirates, but he had hardly played anyway.
Still, the rumours won’t go away. We’re told that Arsenal are very keen on Nzonzi, but not keen enough to pay his £35m release clause. For their part, Sevilla are pretty happy to sell if they get the full whack.