DO YOU WANT TO PAY ALL THE MONEY FOR LEWANDOWSKI?
Because if you do, Bayern Munich will let you. There’s something quite wonderful about Bild’s news story that Manchester United, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain have been offered Robert Lewandowski for £175m. He’s 29, guys. Have a word.
Basically, Lewandowski’s agent Pini Zahavi says that you can’t even get him on the phone for less than €200m, because Bayern are talking tough in a bid to keep their striker.
In fairness, Bild also say that none of those three aforementioned clubs are going to sign Lewandowski, because he prefers a move to Real Madrid. That comes as no surprise.
Still, Real Madrid also aren’t going to pay £175m for Lewandowski either. Because they’re not absolute idiots.
A LIVERPOOL ROUND-UP
Because there are loads of little Liverpool links today:
– The Daily Mirror say that Nabil Fekir will only be allowed to leave Lyon for Liverpool this summer for the right price. Isn’t that how literally every transfer works?
– The Daily Star (and many others) say that Liverpool are interested in signing Xherdan Shaqiri. It doesn’t seem like the perfect fit, but when you consider that he will only cost £12m, why the hell wouldn’t you?
– Mohamed Salah’s lawyer/agent/representative Ramy Abbas Issa says that reports linking his client with a move to Barcelona are pure guff. And he would know.
– Roberto Firmino says that Alisson has asked him about a move to Liverpool, which sounds deliciously vague but counts as an update on that particular transfer saga.
– The Daily Mirror say that Liverpool have been quoted a price of £80m by Atletico Madrid for goalkeeper Jan Oblak. Are Liverpool going to accidentally spend £200m on goalies this summer?
– Finally, winger Ovie Ejaria is close to a season-long loan move to Rangers. Because Steven Gerrard.
ARSENAL HAVE BID FOR MARTINS REJECTED
Sadly, we’re not talking about Obafemi.
Portuguese outlet A Bola reckon that Arsenal have had a bid of £26m for Gelson Martins rejected by Sporting Club de Portugal. It’s an odd story, given that only yesterday we were told that Martins could cancel his contract at Sporting and leave on a free transfer this summer.
If that is the case, Sporting probably shouldn’t be in the business of rejecting offers north of £25m for him. Watch this space.
AND THE REST
Nice are increasingly confident that Patrick Vieira will become their manager… Everton and Leicester could battle Liverpool for Xherdan Shaqiri… Chelsea want to sell Danny Drinkwater, and are prepared to make a significant loss… Arsenal are interested in signing RB Leipzig defender Lukas Klostermann.