Gossip: Man City to buy another £50m full-back

Date published: Friday 14th December 2018 9:11

CITY TO SPLASH OUT ON MENDY REPLACEMENT
Pep Guardiola hasn’t chucked £50million at a full-back for around 18 months now. So he plans to remedy that in January…

With one of his other £50million left-backs, Benjamin Mendy, crocked again the Manchester City boss is reportedly planning to raid Leicester again for Ben Chilwell.

That’s the claim of The Mirror, with City apparently unperturbed by the fact Chilwell only signed a new £110,000-a-week contract with Leicester two months ago.

The report also comes after Guardiola categorically stated that City would not be signing anyone during the winter. “No way,” he said last month.

If the England left-back heads through the Etihad entrance, he may pass Brahim Diaz going the other way.

City have been trying to tie him down to a new deal but Diaz wants more game time and he reckons he can get it at Real Madrid, who will pay £10million in January, according to ESPN.

 

VALENCIA TO LEAVE NEXT MONTH
Across Manchester, United may be shedding a full-back next month.

Antonio Valencia, once one of Jose Mourinho’s favourites, pissed off the manager in October when he liked an Instagram post calling for United to replace the manager. Despite apologising, Valencia has been cut adrift ever since.

The 33-year-old is out of contract at the end of this season and no new deal is on the table. So it seems likely that the winger-turned-right-back will be out of the door when the window opens.

The Daily Mail reckons Valencia has attracted interest from West Ham and unnamed Spanish clubs.

 

AND THE REST
Tottenham are hoping to ruin Everton’s plan to sign Andre Gomes permanently by making a bid for the Barcelona midfielder… Arsenal boss Unai Emery admits he may have to sign a centre-back in January… Manchester United’s Spain goalkeeper David de Gea is set to sign a new contract which could be worth £400,000 a week with bonuses… Mourinho is growing increasingly angry at Man Utd’s board over a lack of transfer activity… United are considering making a record-breaking bid for Napoli centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly… United have also held talks over Galatasaray’s 18-year-old centre-back Ozan Kabak… Frenkie de Jong insists he has not yet made a decision on his future, despite being linked with PSG, City and Barcelona… Arsenal are watching Roma winger Cengiz Under… Jordi Alba says Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata would be very welcome at Barcelona.

More Related Articles