THIAGO NOT INTERESTED IN UNITED MOVE
Wednesday afternoon brought reports of Manchester United interest in Bayern Munich pair Thiago Alcantara and Robert Lewandowski. Thursday morning brings a counter-claim that one of those players isn’t keen.
Spanish outlet AS say that Thiago would prefer a move to Barcelona than Manchester United, having previously sold by the club in 2013. Not only that, AS say that he will reject all other interest in order to hold out for that move.
He’s surely going to cost an awful lot of money?
EVERY BUGGER WANTS BONUCCI
With Milan’s financial situation looking slightly precarious, and a hedge fund taking over, the future of central defender Leonardo Bonucci has been up in the air for most of the summer. Manchester United are the club credited with the most serious interest, but that might soon change.
Sadly, the latest update comes from Express Sport, whose appetite for transfer rumour guffery has grown even more this summer. Their claim is that Manchester City, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain also want Bonucci.
The list of possible Manchester City centre-backs: John Stones, Aymeric Laporte, Vincent Kompany, Nicolas Otamendi, Kyle Walker, Danilo, Eliaquim Mangala. They do not need Bonucci.
The list of possible Chelsea centre-backs: Antonio Rudiger, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Andreas Christensen, Kurt Zouma. They do not need Bonucci.
A PATRONISING SMALLER CLUB ROUND-UP
– Watford’s Stefano Okaka is off to United Arab Emirates to play his football.
– Burnley want to sign Alfie Mawson and Sam Clucas from Swansea City.
– Bournemouth are close to the signings of Colombian Jefferson Lerma.
– Huddersfield are hopeful on completing deals for Monaco striker Adama Diakhaby and Club Brugge’s Anthony Limbombe.
– Brighton will make a bid of £6m for Sheffield United defender Jack O’Connell.