Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann says he has decided on his future – but has refused to say whether he will leave the club this summer.
With ongoing speculation linking him with Spanish champions Barcelona, Griezmann had said he would confirm his position before France’s World Cup opener against Australia on Saturday.
However, at a national team press conference in Russia on Tuesday, the 27-year-old repeatedly laughed off questions regarding a potential move before claiming he has made up his mind where he will be playing next season.
“The decision has been taken but it is not the time or the place to talk about it,” he said.
“I am very sorry, I know you have all been waiting but I will not give my decision today.”
It is the second successive summer that Griezmann has been the subject of speculation over a big-money switch away from the Rojiblancos.
Last year it was Manchester United who looked to be leading the chase for his services only for Griezmann to end up signing a one-year contract extension with Atletico, tying him to the club until 2022.
His refusal to answer questions on Tuesday means links with Barcelona are sure to continue until any formal announcement is made by either club.
Since joining from Real Sociedad for a reported £24million in 2014, Griezmann has scored 112 goals in all competitions for Atletico and finished each season as the club’s top scorer.
He also helped Atletico reach the 2016 Champions League final and scored twice as they beat Marseille 3-0 in last month’s Europa League final.
More from Planet Sport:
Andre Agassi: Watching Roger Federer is watching history (Tennis365)
Football Manager sims this England at the World Cup with peak JT & Gerrard (Planet Football)