Erling Haaland’s agent Mino Raiola has hit out at a number of reports surrounding his client.
Haaland’s future is the transfer story of the moment with a wide array of clubs linked with a move for the Norwegian goal machine.
Raiola and Erling’s father Alf-Inge have been criticised in recent days for their role in fueling the transfer fire, with reports suggesting they have held meetings in Spain and England with potential suitors.
But super-agent Raiola has taken to social media to set the record straight.
He posted a video on Twitter that included a number of Haaland-related reports with the word “fake” pasted over various stories, with the tweet captioned: “Fake news travels quick and far.”
Fake news travel quick and far 🚀 pic.twitter.com/Iifm9JjzM5
— Mino Raiola (@MinoRaiola) April 4, 2021
We can’t imagine Mino is too disappointed at the continuous transfer news surrounding his client – the phrase ‘any press is good press’ comes to mind in these circumstances – as the agent and Alf-Inge look set to line their pockets with ludicrous sums of money through the striker’s next move.
Raiola has admitted that he jumped the gun when brokering the deal which saw Haaland join Dortmund, claiming the striker was already ready at that stage to move to any club and hit the ground running as he’s done in the Bundesliga.
“Haaland is in front of his own development,” he said. “He is ahead of his own schedule. Maybe I was too careful when I said, ‘Oh no, let’s move to Dortmund instead of I-don’t-know-where’.
“This boy – I’m 100 per cent convinced and everybody’s convinced – can move to any club, wherever he wants, already on this level. He could have done that last year.”
Borussia Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke insists the German side are planning for next season with Haaland.
“We do not have a parallel plan. We will discuss this with Erling, his father and his agent Mino Raiola,” Watzke told DAZN . “We also want him to be happy to stay with us, to score goals for BVB next year with conviction.
“There is no alternative plan.”