The agent of Inter Milan defender Alessandro Bastoni has suggested that he hopes Newcastle United “call [him]” in the next few months.
Bastoni made the move to Inter Milan from their Serie A rivals Atalanta in 2017. The Italian giants paid around €31m to sign him.
The 22-year-old has been an ever-present for Inter since the start of the 2019/20 campaign.
The defender played 41 times across all competitions last season as he helped his side win the Serie A title.
He penned a contract extension earlier this year. His current deal is set to expire at the end of the 2023/24 season.
Bastoni has recently been linked with a move to Liverpool. The player’s agent (Tullio Tinti) has told Tuttomercatoweb that he would happily listen to offers from Newcastle:
“He signed a contract a short time ago,” said Tinti. “I haven’t heard from Newcastle yet.
“I hope they will call me, but he is very happy at the Nerazzurri for now.”
Newcastle United’s first game under their new ownership is against Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
“For us it does change things. It’s always a tough game there – obviously it’s a huge footballing city but I think the atmosphere is going to be incredible and that’s something we should try and enjoy and thrive off of.
“Definitely the game has changed now with the situation they find themselves in.
“I’m sure the energy within that building has changed since then so that’s something that we’re going to be ready for and match.
“I think a team that’s doing badly is always dangerous because they’re that one result away. They need that win and they’re going to get hungrier and hungrier for it.
“They’re a very dangerous team in the situation that we find them in without a win, under the new ownership and the energy that’s probably going to be in that building, and that’ll be in that stadium on Saturday -so we need to be ready for all of those things.”