Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy and AS Roma manager Jose Mourinho have both turned down the opportunity to move to Saudi Arabia, according to reports.
Vardy’s side were relegated from the Premier League last month and it is unclear what the future holds for the ex-England international.
The 36-year-old could only manage three goals in 37 top-flight matches last term, with 18 of his appearances coming off the bench.
A season in the Championship could be just what the doctor ordered for Vardy, who will hope the drop-down in division can help him rediscover his goalscoring touch.
He has, however, been offered the chance to play in Saudi Arabia, according to Sky Sports correspondent Rob Dorsett.
Dorsett says the former Premier League winner has ‘rejected the approach’ from Saudi club Khaleej FC.
Vardy has one year left on his Leicester contract but it is said the move ‘does not suit him and his family’.
New Foxes boss Enzo Maresca is yet to talk with the experienced striker about his role in the Championship, but a move to the middle east does not seem like a possibility.
Vardy is not the only big name to turn down a move to Saudi Arabia this week.
According to Fabrizio Romano, Roma boss Mourinho has turned down the opportunity to manage Al Hilal.
Al Hilal approached Juventus’ Max Allegri after failing to tempt Mourinho with a ‘huge’ salary worth a mind-blowing €30m per season.
The ex-Chelsea, Manchester United and Tottenham manager is ‘only focused on Roma’ and clearly does not need the payday.
Saudi Arabia mean business this summer and have already completed the signings of several huge names in the sport.
Cristiano Ronaldo joined Al Nassr in January and the floodgates have opened in recent weeks with Ruben Neves leaving Wolves to join Al Hilal despite voicing his desire to play in the Champions League.
Chelsea have sold Kalidou Koulibaly, Hakim Ziyech and Edouard Mendy to three different Saudi clubs, with interest in Callum Hudson-Odoi.
Meanwhile, RC Lens captain Seko Fofana is reportedly keen to join Al Nassr despite leading the French club into the Champions League against all the odds.
Last September, Lens fans stayed behind after a match against Lorient to witness Fofana pen a surprise contract extension until 2025. The Ivorian midfielder was clearly overwhelmed at the time, but fast-forward less than a year, and has been tempted by a big-money offer to play in Saudi Arabia.
CBS Sports journalist James Benge reported on Wednesday that Fofana has reached an agreement to join Al Nassr in ‘a deal worth €22m plus bonuses’.