Journalist claims Man Utd player is ‘not happy’ at Old Trafford

Date published: Monday 14th September 2020 9:45

"You would think a loan deal would be a viable solution here, a loan with an option to buy in a year’s time."

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Man Utd

Portuguese right-back Diogo Dalot is unhappy at Man Utd and wants to leave the club, according to one journalist.

The defender is apparently frustrated with his lack of game time and wants to leave the club, says Duncan Castles.

Dalot arrived from Porto for £19m in 2018, but he has struggled to get himself into United’s first-team set-up. He made just 11 appearances for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer last term, and was plagued with hip and groin injuries.


GOSSIP: Liverpool to finance world-record move with £150m sale


The 21-year-old made the Premier League squad just twice after lockdown and Castles claims Solskjaer has him pencilled in as third-choice right-back.

Aaron Wan-Bissaka is cemented in as his first-choice right-back with youngster and Brandon Williams as his back-up.

But, as per the source, Solskjaer is unwilling to let the Portugal youth star move on from Man Utd.

“They do have to move players out and it’s interesting to see what’s happening with two guys who’ve dropped well down the pecking order in that very heavily-staffed defensive section of the Manchester United squad,” Castles said on the Transfer Window podcast.

“One of them, Diogo Dalot, the young Portuguese under-21 international, who has essentially been relegated to third-choice right-back in the planning Solskjaer is making for the coming season.

“Wan-Bissaka obviously has that position nailed down.

 

“I can tell you that Dalot’s not happy with his situation at United and is keen to leave, however he doesn’t have permission from the club to leave.

“You would think a loan deal would be a viable solution here, a loan with an option to buy in a year’s time, allow a player who was extremely highly-rated when he came to the club, picked out of Porto with a limited amount of experience because of the quality of his performances at Porto, [to leave].”

Dalot is under contract until 2023, but like numerous of the other squad members the club are likely to hold a further 12-month option on his deal.

Last month ESPN reported that Barcelona had showed an interest in Dalot, who is also an Everton target. With the Catalan giants on the lookout for reinforcements as they plan a squad rebuild.

The Daily Mirror reported last month that Carlo Ancelotti was preparing a £10m bid for Dalot to take him to Goodison Park.

 

More Related Articles