De Bruyne drops huge hint he could leave Man City over CL ban

Date published: Sunday 3rd May 2020 9:15

Kevin de Bruyne Man City

Kevin de Bruyne has hinted that he will leave Man City if their two-year Champions League ban is upheld.

UEFA handed down a two-year European suspension for breaking FFP regulations earlier this year with Manchester City taking their case the the Court of Arbitration for Sport in a bid to get the decision overturned.

UEFA want to fast-track the process so that the ban will come into place next season, leading to speculation Pep Guardiola and some of the playing staff will walk away from the Etihad Stadium.


FEATURE: F365’s Premier League club-by-club reviews: Manchester City


De Bruyne has been immense for Man City since joining from Wolfsburg in 2015, helping the club to two Premier League titles, an FA Cup and four League Cup trophies.

However, for the first time the Belgium international has indicated that the possible Champions League ban would see him consider his future at the club.

“I’m just waiting,” De Bruyne told Belgian newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws.

“The club told us they are going to appeal and they are almost 100 per cent sure they are right. That’s why I’m waiting to see what will happen. I trust my team. Once the decision is made, I will review everything.

“Two years [without Champions League football] would be long, but in the case of one year, I might see.”

 

We could not keep away from the camera for long so we made a Football365 Isolation Show. Watch it, subscribe and share until we get back in the studio/pub and produce something a little slicker…

More Related Articles