Kylian Mbappe has scored more Champions League or European Cup goals than Del Piero, Aguero and Puskas, with only one English team keeping him out.
Here are the Frenchman’s most ridiculous career statistics so far.
* Mbappe has scored 302 and assisted 127 goals in 412 career appearances for club and country, winning 15 trophies.
* Mbappe ranks 11th for all-time Ligue Un goals (178) but is first for Ligue Un goals scored in the 21st century.
* Mbappe has been Ligue Un top scorer in five consecutive seasons, a record jointly held with Jean-Pierre Papin.
* Mbappe was the first player to finish as top scorer and assist provider in the same Ligue Un season (2021/22).
* Mbappe is the only player to win the Ligue Un Player of the Year award in four consecutive seasons. He was also the first player to win it in three consecutive seasons.
* Only 15 players in Champions League and European Cup history have scored more goals in the competition than Mbappe (43), and of those just Eusebio, Alfredo di Stefano, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Robert Lewandowski, Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have a better goals-per-game record than the Frenchman’s 0.65.
* Mbappe has scored more Champions League or European Cup goals than Alessandro Del Piero, Sergio Aguero, Ferenc Puskas, Gerd Muller, Samuel Eto’o, Wayne Rooney, David Trezeguet, Ryan Giggs, Luis Suarez and Romario, among many others.
* Mbappe was once the youngest player to score 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 Champions League goals, most of which have since been beaten by the equally ridiculous Erling Haaland.
* Mbappe is one of only three players to score a Champions League hat-trick against Barcelona, and the first to score four goals against the Catalans in a single Champions League campaign.
* Mbappe is Paris Saint-Germain’s record goalscorer in all competitions, despite being 24 and joining them six years ago. He has scored 229 goals in 277 appearances.
* Only eight players have ever scored more Champions League knockout stage goals than Mbappe (15), who has more than Wayne Rooney, Didier Drogba and any Liverpool player.
* Mbappe is the youngest player in Champions League history to score in both legs of a quarter-final, and to score at all in a semi-final, with those goals coming for Monaco in 2017. His first six Champions League career goals were all in the knockout stages.
* Mbappe is the youngest Champions League goalscorer for two clubs, which is ridiculous the more you think about it. He was quite inevitably the first teenager in history to score a Champions League goal for two different clubs.
* Mbappe is the highest-scoring teenager in Champions League history.
* Mbappe has already scored away at Camp Nou, the Bernabeu, Old Trafford, Anfield, the Etihad, the Allianz Arena, the Juventus Stadium, Signal Iduna Park and Celtic Park.
* Only five of the 24 teams Mbappe has played in Europe have prevented him from ever scoring. He has faced Atalanta, Bayer Leverkusen and Spurs just once, making CSKA Moscow and Napoli the only teams to come up against Mbappe twice in Europe without conceding to him.
* Mbappe has played 14 games against English clubs, scoring six goals and assisting three against Manchester City, Manchester United, Liverpool, Tottenham and Newcastle.
* Mbappe has scored more goals (13) against Lyon than any other club, in 15 games. In the Champions League he has scored most of his goals against Club Brugge (five).
* Mbappe was the most expensive teenager in football history and remains the second-most expensive player ever after his £166m move to Paris Saint-Germain in 2018.
* Mbappe has scored most of his goals for Thomas Tuchel, bagging 83 goals in 98 games during the German’s reign at PSG.
* At international level, only Olivier Giroud (56 in 127) and Thierry Henry (51 in 123) have scored more goals for the French national team than Mbappe (46 in 73), and only Just Fontaine has scored more goals for France at the World Cup. He is also the youngest French player to score at a World Cup.
* Only five players have scored more World Cup goals than the 24-year-old Mbappe (12): Lionel Messi, Just Fontaine (both 13), Gerd Muller (14), Ronaldo (15) and Miroslav Klose (16).
* Only five players have ever scored more goals in a single World Cup tournament than Mbappe’s eight in 2022: Gerd Muller (10 in 1970), Eusebio (9 in 1966), Just Fontaine (13 in 1958), Sandor Kocsis (11 in 1954) and Ademir (9 in 1950).
* No player has scored more World Cup knockout goals (last 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final) than Mbappe, who is level with Ronaldo on eight.
* Mbappe was the first player to score eight, nine, 10, 11 and 12 World Cup goals before their 24th birthday.
* Mbappe was the second teenager to score twice in a World Cup game and the second teenager to score in a World Cup final; Pele was first to do both.
* Mbappe is only the second player to score a World Cup final hat-trick, after Geoff Hurst in 1966.
* Mbappe is only the second player to score in consecutive World Cup final matches, after Vava in 1958 and 1962.
* Only four players have been top scorer at a World Cup tournament at a younger age than Mbappe (8 goals) in 2022: James Rodriguez was 23 in 2014 (6), Thomas Muller was 20 in 2010 (5), Mario Kempes was 23 in 1978 (6) and Florian Albert was 20 in 1962 (4).
* Mbappe is the top scorer in World Cup final matches with four goals in 2018 and 2022.
* Mbappe is the only player to score a competitive hat-trick for France in Mbappe’s lifetime. Before his four goals against Kazakhstan in a World Cup qualifier in November 2021, three against Argentina in the 2022 World Cup final and treble in a November 2023 shellacking of Gibraltar, the previous hat-trick for Les Bleus outside of friendlies was in 1985, by Dominique Rocheteau.