Lyon make Dembele transfer stance clear to Chelsea, Man Utd

Date published: Wednesday 15th January 2020 9:24

Moussa Dembele Lyon

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas says Moussa Dembele will definitely remain in France despite reported interest from a number of clubs.

Reports suggested last week that Chelsea had ‘verbally agreed’ terms with the former Celtic striker, who it is thought will cost around £40million.

And the Blues are not the only side understood to be in for Dembele with Sky Sports claiming that Manchester United are also keeping tabs on the 23-year-old.

However, Lyon president Aulas has dismissed any speculation that Dembele could be leaving in the January transfer window.

“We have not changed our minds. We already made this issue clear in August,” Aulas said.

“Moussa is an excellent player. A player who we need.

“We are taking explicit measures in our recruitment to not bring someone in who will compete for his position. It is not a question of money. Moussa will be with us.”

Dembele, whose current deal at Lyon expires 2023, has scored 14 goals in 28 appearances in all competitions so far this term.

 

More Related Articles