Manchester United won’t be signing Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund this summer, according to reports.
The Red Devils finished the Premier League season in sixth position, meaning they will not be playing in the Champions League next campaign.
And the Independent claims that their failure to qualify for Europe’s biggest club competition has spelled the end of their hopes of signing the England international.
Sancho has been consistently linked over the last year with a move to Old Trafford after a number of sparkling performances for club and country.
The Dortmund winger ‘was United’s number one target for a summer rebuild’ with a potential £100million deal reportedly on the horizon.
However, the report continues by saying ‘there are now major reservations on the side of the player whether Old Trafford would be the right environment for his development’.
The player’s stance means United will turn ‘their attention to Swansea City’s Daniel James‘.
BBC Sport reporter David Ornstein hinted at a possible collapse on Wednesday when he told BBC Radio Five Live that Sancho ‘is reluctant to join an unstable club. He wants stability and he wants to win things.’
Ornstein added: “I’m told ‘never say never but as things stand it’s 50/50 on that one’.”