Reported Man Utd and Tottenham Hotspur target Alessandro Bastoni has revealed that he is “ready to start again with Inter Milan” next season.
The 23-year-old progressed through the ranks at Serie A side Atalanta. Shortly after making his senior debut, Inter Milan paid around £26m to sign him in 2017.
Bastoni has been a key player for the Italian giants over the past three seasons. He has played 118 times for them across all competitions.
The centre-back was previously managed by Antonio Conte. Together they helped Inter win the Serie A title in 2020/21.
His contract expires in 2024 and it is reported that he is valued at £50m by Inter Milan.
Man Utd and Tottenham Hotspur have been named as the Premier League clubs interested in him.
Bastoni played the full 90 minutes as Italy beat Hungary 2-1 in the UEFA Nations League on Tuesday night.
He has revealed that his plan is to continue with Inter Milan next season:
“I am an Inter player. I have a two-year contract with Inter,” Bastoni said (quotes via The Express).
“The club has not communicated anything to me. I go on vacation after the national team, and then I start again with Inter.”
United manager Ten Hag is reportedly keen on making a swift return to his former club Ajax to sign Timber.
The 20-year-old defender is part of the Holland squad that are preparing to face Wales in Cardiff.
Timber is expected to play on Wednesday with Liverpool centre-back Virgil Van Dijk granted time off following a demanding season for club and country.
Van Gaal has said Timber must play first-team football to make his World Cup squad later this year.
He said: “I think a player of his quality can play in the Premier League. That is not a problem.
“If he has to make this big step now, that’s the question.
“(If he does not play) then he is not so wise, I think. He has to play.”