1) Second-place finishers Manchester United ranked sixth in the Premier League season statistics for shots, shots on target, passes, touches, possession and pass completion.
2) Manchester United took fewer shots per game from inside the penalty area than Crystal Palace and five other clubs.
3) But United did score more penalty area goals (43) than Crystal Palace (29) and more than Chelsea (37) from the top six.
4) Manchester United took the same number of shots per game from outside the penalty area as Newcastle United and fewer than all five other members of the top six.
5) But only Manchester City scored more goals (12) from outside the penalty area than United (13).
6) Of the top six, only Manchester City (16%) had a better shot conversion rate than Manchester United (13.3%). That put them narrowly ahead of Liverpool (13.16%), slightly ahead of Arsenal (12.46%) and way ahead of Tottenham (11.9%) and Chelsea (10.23%).
7) Romelu Lukaku had the best conversion rate (18.6%) among Manchester United’s top five scorers, ahead of Anthony Martial (18.36%), Jesse Lingard (14.29%), Marcus Rashford (11.48%) and Paul Pogba (7.89%).
8) So of course Rashford started the FA Cup final while Martial was given 17 minutes off the bench along with the injured Lukaku.
9) Paul Pogba took 60.53% of his shots from outside the penalty area this season.
10) Top scorer Lukaku took fewer shots per 90 (2.7) than Pogba (3.2), Rashford (3), Martial (2.8) and Lingard (2.8).
11) Only four clubs – Huddersfield Town, West Ham, Swansea and Everton – took fewer shots from set-piece situations this season.
12) But only three clubs – Bournemouth, Man City and Arsenal – scored more than United’s 14 set-piece goals.
13) Fourteen other Premier League clubs attempted more headed shots than Manchester United..
14) But only Chelsea (18) and Arsenal (13) scored more headed goals than United (12).
15) Only Arsenal created fewer chances from Opta-defined ‘long passes’ than Manchester United (44).
16) Only three teams – Huddersfield Town, Swansea and Arsenal – created fewer chances from crosses than United.
17) Only Huddersfield created fewer chances direct from corners as Manchester United.
18) United scored just one goal directly from a corner all season – in August when Marcus Rashford volleyed home Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s corner.
19) Manchester United’s ‘key pass per 90’ leader was Henrikh Mkhitaryan with 2.7. Next comes Juan Mata with 2.4.
20) Manchester United allowed more shots than six other Premier League teams, including Watford.
21) But only Manchester City conceded fewer goals this season.
22) Because David De Gea had the highest save percentage rate in the Premier League this season with 79.9%.
23) Manchester United spent an average of 27% of their Premier League matches in their own third of the pitch – equal to Southampton and Chelsea. For comparison, Manchester City spent 21% of their matches in their own third.
24) Alexis Sanchez was dispossessed (tackled by an opponent without attempting to dribble past them) more times in 12 appearances (35) than Marcus Rashford (31), Juan Mata (19) and Jesse Lingard (19) all season.
25) Alexis Sanchez lost the ball with a poor touch more times in 12 appearances (32) than Juan Mata (25) all season.
26) The Manchester United XI that started the FA Cup final had scored 32 Premier League goals this season; Mo Salah alone scored that number for Liverpool this season.