No offer from Manchester United for Debuchy – Wenger

Date published: Friday 30th December 2016 8:30 - Joe Williams

Arsene Wenger has denied reports suggesting that Manchester United have ever made an offer for Arsenal defender Mathieu Debuchy.

The right-back is expected to leave the Emirates Stadium in January after being frozen out of the first-team picture for some time.

Debuchy told French newspaper L’Equipe this week that he has a terrible relationship with Wenger, claiming that the pair never talk.

In response to the article, Wenger insists that the pair are on speaking terms and that suggestions United made a bid last year for his compatriot are false.

“We speak,” says Wenger. “I communicate with all the players. it is a frustrated article from a player who is injured. When he had opportunity to play when Bellerin was injured he was injured. If I gave him last year the opportunity to go to Bordeaux on loan but we had nobody coming in in the summer period.

“There are some things that are not true in his article so you have to take this article with a bit of distance. Manchester United didn’t make an offer for him. That is untrue. It is surprising to hear something like that.”

More Related Articles