Solskjaer ‘not expecting’ any more January deals at Man Utd

Date published: Friday 31st January 2020 10:41

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer Manchester United

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he doesn’t “expect any more business to be done” at Manchester United in the January transfer window – but stopped short of completing ruling anything out.

Solskjaer announced earlier in the week that he was still looking to bring in a goalscorer before the deadline shut on Friday.

Reports indicated on Thursday night that United had failed in a bid to bring King to Old Trafford in this window with Bournemouth refusing to let him go unless they could bring in a replacement.

Posting on The Athletic transfer deadline day blog, Man Utd reporter Laurie Whitwell updated fans with the latest from Solskjaer himself.

On the possibility of signing King, Solskjaer told Whitwell: “I don’t think we’ll do any more business, no. January has always been difficult and it’s not just something you do like that.”

When pressed by Whitwell, Solskjaer added: “I am not sure – I don’t expect any more business to be done. I don’t think anything is going to happen.

“Sometimes I say something here and something else happens. Sometimes I say I am happy with a player and he gets a different message, so I don’t want to help or make speculations grow more and more today.

“I expect nothing to happen but that doesn’t mean it can’t happen.”

 

More Related Articles