Report reveals real Mane asking price as Liverpool look to tie up £4m transfer

Date published: Wednesday 1st June 2022 9:28 - Joe Williams

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane looks disappointed

A report has dismissed claims that Liverpool will only ask for £25m for Sadio Mane this summer after the forward asked to leave.

Widespread reports have now insisted that Mane wants to leave this summer as he seeks a new challenge away from Anfield next season.

However, it has been claimed that Liverpool won’t allow him to leave unless they have a suitable replacement lined up to take his place in Jurgen Klopp’s team.


Should Liverpool move on and build without Salah and Mane if they want out?


Bayern Munich are believed to be the main club interested in his services with reports in Germany claiming that the Reds will allow the Senegal international to leave for £25m.

However, James Pearce in The Athletic has now dismissed that price tag and says that Liverpool ‘want around €50m (£42.5m) rather than the fee of €30m (£25.5m) which has been touted in Germany’.

With Divock Origi probably leaving Anfield too this summer, Pearce adds ‘that area of the squad will need to be further reinforced’ with a chance Takumi Minamino also leaves after being used sparingly this term.

Fabio Carvalho will be part of their squad in the summer, after joining from Fulham, and Lille’s Jonathan David and Jarrod Bowen of West Ham are named in the report as possible replacements for Mane.

Pearce also has news of an imminent transfer, he continues:

‘They are also looking to complete a £4 million deal for Aberdeen teenager Calvin Ramsey. The Scotland Under-21 full-back would effectively become Trent Alexander-Arnold’s understudy at right-back if he signs.’

The Athletic journalist Adam Crafton was speaking about Mane on BBC Radio Five Live earlier this week and insisted that it wasn’t “a shut case that he’s going to leave the club”.

“The informed reporting at the moment is that the player’s preference is to have a new challenge,” Crafton said on The Monday Night Club.

“We have seen in the past where players have been talked out of that by persuasive managers or sporting directors.

“As far as I know he’s not communicated that to the club. I had a conversation with someone well placed at the club last week and they were saying they were more worried about Mane than Salah and this was before Salah said he was definitely going to be at Liverpool next season.

“The club’s impression was that he was going to wait until after the Champions League final, have a proper think and discussion and take it from there. Over the last few days things have escalated a bit. I don’t think it’s a shut case that he’s going to leave the club.”

 

More Related Articles