Tottenham chief ‘risks paying for Conte flop’ as behind the scenes ‘earthquake’ enforces two exits
Tottenham Hotspur managing director Fabio Paratici could follow Antonio Conte out of the club before next season, according to reports from Italy.
Paratici is well-regarded as a managing director. He held that role at Juventus before he joined Tottenham before the 2021/22 campaign.
The Italian previously worked with Conte at Juventus and he played a vital role in tempting the ex-Chelsea boss to take over at Spurs during the 2021/22 season.
The 50-year-old also helped Tottenham sign Dejan Kulusevski and Rodrigo Bentancur from Juventus last season.
Conte did a great job at Spurs last term as they finished fourth in the Premier League. But the club’s supporters have grown tired of his dull style of football this season.
Their disappointing exits from the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and Champions League have added to their frustrations and Conte is expected to leave in the coming days.
This comes after the manager claimed some of his players are “selfish”. This followed Tottenham’s 3-3 draw against Southampton.
Italian outlet Calciomercato are now reporting that the ‘earthquake’ at Tottenham could lead to Paratici leaving alongside Conte.
Conte’s future is said to be ‘intertwined’ with Paratici. The managing director ‘risks paying’ for the head coach’s ‘flop’ at Spurs.
The ‘Conte-Paratici tandem didn’t work’ and they could both now ‘pack their bags’ and move on.
Paratici may not be able to return to Italian football right away as he has been banned for over two years following his involvement in Juventus’ capital gains violations.
The report from Calciomercato adds that Paratici has ‘appealed’ this 30-month ban. A verdict is set to be given on April 19 when he appears in front of the Coni Guarantee College.
Speaking back in February, Paratici suggested that he is happy with the progress Spurs are making.
“We are happy we join our targets and we add two international players to our squad,” Paratici said.
“I think we have to look not about the small picture of this transfer window but the bigger picture of our project is a long-term project.
“When I came here 18 months ago, we talked about the word rebuild of the squad to be competitive at the highest level of the Premier League and we continue like this.
“Every transfer window we try to add two to three players, two to three pieces to our squad, to our plan.
“We want to sign players who can add something for us, not just to sign players because we have to sign players or we are under pressure to sign players. It is not our style, not our plans. We know our plans, know our philosophy and we continue with this.”
READ MORE: Chelsea and Spurs forwards named in five January signings that already look completely pointless