The Gossip swirls over Harry Kane’s future, with Spurs apparently open to swapsies with Man Utd and Man City…
SPURS OPEN TO SWAPS FOR KANE
The juiciest gossip on Monday surrounded Harry Kane and the England striker’s desire to leave Tottenham this summer. The club took the unusual step of issuing a response to the speculation and it would hardly have reassured Spurs fans.
So what now? Manchester United, Manchester City and Chelsea are credited by Sky Sports with an interest, with all three clubs said to have been in touch with Kane’s representatives. That’s the easy bit. Convincing Daniel Levy to sell will be the real test.
Kane, apparently, is valued at ‘well over £120million’ and Levy is expected to dig his heels in. Of course he is.
But Spurs have begun making plans to replace Kane. And, according to the Daily Mail, Levy could be open to part-exchange offers.
Apparently, Spurs may be open to Anthony Martial being used as a makeweight if United firm up their interest in Kane, while Gabriel Jesus is an option should City make an official approach.
BARCA ASK ABOUT ENGLAND STRIKER
To save face at home, Levy would prefer to sell Kane abroad. Handily, Barcelona are credited with an interest.
The Times reports Barca has having enquired about the 27-year-old, which somewhat contradicts their balance sheet. Barca can’t afford to pay the players they have and they have.
The Catalans have been searching for free agents this summer, with Sergio Aguero reportedly a target. Which makes far more sense.
KANE EXIT DEMAND DISPUTED
All that is assuming that Kane has indeed asked to to leave. Which isn’t the unanimous view across the media this morning…
The take from football.london is that while Kane ‘is frustrated… he has not informed them of his desire to force a move this summer’.
One of their scribes, Alasdair Gold, added on Twitter that Kane is ‘not the type to create problems for a club he loves’.
ANDRE SILVA UP FOR GRABS
It may interest Levy to know that Eintracht Frankfurt are in a pickle this summer…
Their failure to secure a Champions League spot is set to prompt a mass sale in Frankfurt, with Bild naming striker Andre Silva among five players who could be off.
Silva has been linked with clubs across Europe, including Manchester United and Real Madrid, during a season in which he has so far scored 27 goals.
UNITED, CITY EYE SPORTING FULL-BACK
United and City are also set to lock horns over Portugal full-back Nuno Mendes.
The Sun says United have been in touch with Sporting Lisbon over a possible move for the 18-year-old, who shares an agent with Bruno Fernandes.
City too have made contact and they were reportedly told that Mendes would not be allowed to leave for less than £55million.
The Daily Mail suggests Sporting will only allow Mendes to move if his £60million release clause is met, which is said to be around £8.5million more than City were prepared to pay.