Real Madrid are said to be resigned to losing Jude Bellingham to a Premier League club, though news of charges against Man City and Liverpool being sh*te might reassure them…
REAL FEAR OVER BELLINGHAM
We know that Jude Bellingham is Real Madrid’s priority this summer. But at the Bernabeu, the feeling is that the England midfielder will chose a Premier League club when he leaves Borussia Dortmund.
That’s the word according to The Athletic, which reports that Real have been working away on a deal ‘for months’, with chief scout Juni Calafat leading their pursuit.
Real, though, are said to be feeling resigned to losing Bellingham to the financial might of the Premier League. So we have to assume they were relieved to see Monday’s news of charges being brought against Manchester City for all sorts of book cookery while a quick glance at the Prem table will reassure them that Liverpool might not be the threat they were.
BARCA, PSG HOVER FOR CITY DUO
City’s strife only emerged on Monday morning, so the rumour mill is yet to start really turning with talk of departures and exits while the threat of points deductions, relegations and expulsions hangs over the champions.
There are whispers that started before the Premier League charges were filed that Bernardo Silva is on his way. The City schemer was linked with a move away in January but once Joao Cancelo was banished to Bayern Munich, the prospect of Silva following him through the door diminished.
In the summer, though, PSG are keep to take the Portugal midfielder. Le10 Sport says the Parisians will make a decisive move for the 28-year-old, but they are concerned about interest from Barcelona and the player’s desire to switch to the Nou Camp.
Barca are also a threat to City when it comes to Rodri. The Catalans are keen on the Spain international to replace Sergio Busquets and though City have no intention of selling, Football Insider says they are concerned that the midfielder could push for a move away.
Read more: Ten possible punishments for Manchester City and Pep Guardiola after Premier League charges
MAN UTD TO SELL £140M TRIO
Across Manchester, United are planning a clear out at Old Trafford…
The Manchester Evening News says Anthony Martial, Harry Maguire and Alex Telles are all being made available as the Red Devils look to free up room in their budget for a big move for either Harry Kane or Napoli star Victor Osimhen.
United will have to pay in the region of £107million for Osimhen, while The Times says Tottenham have no intention of selling Kane, even as he approaches the final year of his contract.
Erik ten Hag is also said to be keeping an eye on Yannick Carrasco, who only usually tends to be linked with a move away from Atletico Madrid in the final days before transfer deadlines, so AS may have gone early on this one. United were briefly credited with an interest last week when Christian Eriksen was ruled out until late April or early May, but Ten Hag moved for Marcel Sabitzer instead.