Transfer gossip: Liverpool given January ‘priority’ for breakout Premier League star

Date published: Tuesday 6th September 2022 6:15 - News Desk

Moises Caicedo in action for Brighton.

Brighton rejected Liverpool’s offer for Moises Caicedo but the Reds have been given plenty of encouragement to try again in January. Also: the Reds and Man Utd are in the queue for Gavi…

 

BRIGHTON MAKE CAICEDO PLEDGE TO LIVERPOOL 
Liverpool took Arthur on Deadline Day as Jurgen Klopp scrambled around for a midfielder, but it seems the Brazilian was some way down the Reds’ list of targets.

Monday’s whispers suggested Arthur wasn’t even the first Juventus player in their sights, while reports last week pinpointed Moises Caicedo as a priority.

The Brighton midfielder has enjoyed an outstanding start to the season having been introduced to the Seagulls’ first XI towards the end of last term. Manchester United were interested in the player they almost signed in 2021 before deciding they couldn’t handle his agents’ sh*t but it was Liverpool who reportedly made the most decisive approach.

Brighton, apparently, rejected a bid of around £42million from Liverpool, which would have given the Seagulls almost a ten-fold return on their investment. But, according to Tera Deportes, the Reds have been promised that their interest will be prioritised when January rolls around. Presumably as long as they chuck at least £50million on Tony Bloom’s table.

 


Ranking every Premier League club by their net spend in summer 2022: Liverpool 16th…


 

BAYERN JOIN REDS, MAN UTD IN GAVI RACE
Liverpool are also said to be sniffing around Gavi. They aren’t the only ones…

As things stand, the Barcelona midfielder is out of contract at the end of the next season and could walk away from his boyhood club if he continues to ignore the offer currently on the table.

“Gavi’s agent has the new contract proposal on the table for a long time but he has not accepted yet,” said Joan Laporta. “We don’t understand. I don’t like the situation. I encourage them to accept it as soon as possible, because it also helps us plan.”

While the 18-year-old heads towards free agency, clubs across Europe are readying their proposals, with Liverpool and Manchester United keeping a very close eye on proceedings.

Bild says Bayern Munich are also ‘keen to bring in the young midfielder’. P*ssing off Barca in the process would just be a nice little bonus for the Bavarians.

 

CHELSEA TO GO BACK FOR AJAX STAR
Central midfield will also be Chelsea’s focus when it comes to January, with Todd Boehly’s spending set to continue into the winter.

The Blues took Zakaria on loan from Juventus last Thursday but Boehly is said to be aware that the Switzerland international is a short-term fix.

Chelsea turned to Zakaria after having offers rejected for Southampton midfielder Romeo Lavia and Ajax’s Edson Alvarez.

The Evening Standard says Thomas Tuchel’s interest in Alvarez hasn’t waned and the Blues will be back for the Mexican in January. The same report also claims Chelsea made a bid for PSV’s Ibrahim Sangare.

 

More Related Articles