Transfer gossip: Lavia in with midfield trio to leave Liverpool, Chelsea waiting on Neymar

Ian Watson
Liverpool midfielder Thiago tackles Southampton's Romeo Lavia at Anfield.
Liverpool midfielder Thiago tackles Southampton's Romeo Lavia at Anfield.

The Saudis are set to fund Liverpool’s move for Romeo Lavia by taking two of their midfielders, while Chelsea wait for PSG and Neymar to get their s*** together…

FABINHO, HENDERSON TO FUND LAVIA SWOOP
Everyone thought that Chelsea had profited most from the Saudi trolley dash but Liverpool look set to benefit similarly while they remodel their midfield.

The Saudis are set to take Jordan Henderson off the Reds’ hands now the England midfielder and one-time LGBT+ ally has agreed to a move to Steven Gerrard’s Al-Ettifaq. Oh, Jordan. In his gold-plated private jet to the Gulf, Henderson could take Fabinho with him if Al-Ittihad succeed with their offer for the Brazilian.

According to The Athletic, the Saudi club are set to offer Liverpool £40million for Fabinho. If, as expected, the Reds receive £10million for Henderson, that will be enough to meet Southampton’s demands for Romeo Lavia.

It was thought that Thiago might head to Saudi too but Sport reckons the Spain international could return to Barcelona instead for an ‘affordable;’ amount.

Read more: Loadsamoney XI: Jordan Henderson set to join Oscar, Tevez in following the cash

CHELSEA TO MOVE FOR NEYMAR
Whispers of Chelsea’s interest in Neymar aren’t going away…

It was claimed earlier in the summer that the Blues could move to offer the Brazil star as escape route out of Paris, where it was made crystal clear by PSGs ultras that he isn’t wanted.

Decision-makers at the Ligue 1 club aren’t as decisive as their supporters and, according to Le Parisien, they are yet to decide what to do about Neymar, especially while they have the Kylian Mbappe crisis to deal with. But it is known that, if and when Neymar becomes available, Chelsea will be ready to pounce.

 

TOON TARGET TOLD TO LEAVE JUVE
Juventus have been rather more firm with Leonardo Bonucci. They want the veteran defender gone.

That’s according to Fabrizio Romano. The story goes that Bonucci was told in a meeting on Thursday that the Old Lady is ready to cut him loose, with ex-Leeds loanee Weston McKennie, West Ham target Dennis Zakaria and Liverpool flop Arthur Melo also ‘out of the project’.

The Bonucci news could be of interest to Newcastle, who are already said to have held preliminary discussions with the 36-year-old.

 

VILLA EYE DIABY, JOHNSON
Aston Villa are having a very productive summer so far, with Youri Tielemans and Pau Torres already through the door.

The Villans want Moussa Diaby in next but they are going to have to try a little harder for the Bayer Leverkusen winger. According to Sky Germany, their first offer worth £38.5million was knocked back on Thursday, with the Bundesliga club looking for £51million.

The Daily Mail says Villa are also chasing Brennan Johnson, with both the player and Nottingham Forest open to a deal amid FFP concerns at the City Ground.