Gossip: Liverpool ‘desperate’ to sign Werner alternative; huge Man Utd boost

Date published: Sunday 7th June 2020 8:49

Federico Chiesa Fiorentina Man Utd

Liverpool are ‘desperate’ to sign an ‘unplayable’ winger, while Man Utd have been given a boost…

 

KLOPP ‘DESPERATE’ TO LAND TRAORE
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp is hoping to bring Wolves winger Adama Traore to Anfield after missing out on Timo Werner, according to reports.

The former Spain under-21 international has shown a major improvement throughout his time at Molineux, scoring six goals and adding seven assists this term. Following Liverpool’s 2-1 victory over Wolves earlier this season, Klopp commented that Traore was “unplayable”.

And now the Daily Mirror claims that Liverpool ‘are moving for’ Traore with ‘Klopp desperate’ to sign the 24-year-old. The Reds ‘have enquired’ about Traore with the winger ‘tempted by the chance to become a part of Jurgen Klopp’s trophy-winning squad’.

There are ‘no shortage of admirers’ for Traore and his Wolves team-mate Raul Jimenez with the Premier League club ‘keen to land maximum value’.

 

BOOST FOR MAN UTD AND CHELSEA
Man Utd and Chelsea target Federico Chiesa can leave for the right price, according to Fiorentina owner Rocco Commisso.

Fiorentina’s CEO Joe Barone has previously said that English clubs are “knocking at the door” for Chiesa but hinted that the winger would stay in the Serie A for now.

The Italy international has been touted recently as a cheaper alternative to Jadon Sancho at just £61m with Man Utd and Chelsea both linked with the 22-year-old. Chiesa has scored seven goals and provided three assists for his team-mates in 26 appearances in all competitions this season.

Commisso told Football Italia: “If Chiesa wants, then he can leave, but only for the figure that we set. It’s a different matter for Gaetano Castrovilli, as he told me that he wants to remain in Florence. If Chiesa does go, then Castrovilli can have the Number 10 jersey.”

 

BARCELONA RISK LOSING MARTINEZ
Barcelona could miss out on signing Inter Milan striker Lautaro Martinez, according to reports in Spain.

Martinez has scored 16 goals in 28 appearances for the Serie A side in all competitions, leading to interest from around Europe. The Argentine is Barcelona’s top summer target, but previous reports have suggested that they face competition from Premier League sides Chelsea and Manchester City.

And now Spanish publication Marca claims that there is a ‘delay over’ signing Martinez and Barcelona now ‘risk losing him’. The transfer has been ‘held up for one reason or another’ despite the player’s wish to ‘play alongside Lionel Messi at the Camp Nou’.

The report adds that Martinez ‘has agreed to the move in principal, but there are still issues with his bonuses that need to be sorted out’. Barcelona ‘need to work out how they’re going to afford the transfer’ and they may have to ‘convince their players to take another pay cut’ to bag Martinez.

Marca call that a ‘dangerous plan’ and that their ‘indecision’ has left ‘the door open for other clubs’.

 

AND THE REST…
Real Madrid have made an 80m euro (£71m) bid for Bayer Leverkusen’s Kai Havertz…Chelsea are ready to listen to offers for several players after the recent transfer news about Timo Werner…Everton are leading the race to sign 25-year-old Juventus and France midfielder Adrien Rabiot…Chelsea face competition from at least seven clubs in their attempt to sign England left-back Ben Chilwell from Leicester…Arsenal and Wolves are interested in 25-year-old Italy defender Daniele Rugani.

 

We could not keep away from the camera for long so we made a Football365 Isolation Show. Watch it, subscribe and share until we get back in the studio/pub and produce something a little slicker…

More Related Articles