Transfer gossip: Man Utd, Arsenal, Newcastle in for £133m hit-man as Toon eye Chelsea trio

Date published: Tuesday 17th January 2023 8:05 - Ian Watson

Man utd-linked Osimhen

Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle are readying their moves for Victor Osimhen – but they will need to raise £133million to sign the Napoli striker…

 

PREM TRIO EYE NAPOLI STRIKER
We’re only just over halfway through the January transfer window but clubs are already thinking about the summer, when Victor Osimhen is set to be one of the hottest properties in Europe.

The Napoli striker is one of the most coveted centre-forwards on the continent, with most of the Premier League’s big hitters having been linked with the Nigerian at some point. Indeed, according to Il Mattino, Manchester United, Arsenal and Newcastle are already jostling for position at the front of the queue.

Which suits Napoli because if they must cash in on their biggest asset – reports suggest they would rather he renew his current contract that expires in 2025 – then they will hope for a bidding war. And any club looking to sign Osimhen is looking at a bill of around £133million.

 

TOON IN TRIPLE SWOOP ON CHELSEA
In the meantime, Newcastle are keen to consolidate their position in the Champions League spots by raiding Chelsea, who certainly have players to spare after splurge already this month.

The Telegraph says the Magpies want a couple of England internationals and a World Cup semi-finalist from the Blues. Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech appears the most attainable, with Graham Potter willing to let the 29-year-old leave. But the Chelsea boss is rather more reluctant to allow Conor Gallagher and Ruben Loftus-Cheek depart.

Newcastle are also keen on Scott McTominay, who is said to be concerned over his playing time prospects at Manchester United. Apparently, McTominay is open to a move to St James’ Park, but the Red Devils would prefer to keep the Scotland international, at least until the summer.


DANJUMA STRUGGLING TO ROUSE INTEREST
Arnaut Danjuma was on Liverpool and Manchester United’s radar not long ago. Now the forward is allowed to leave Villarreal, it seems his options have reduced somewhat.

The Netherlands attacker’s representatives have been in England in recent days to offer their client to Liverpool, Tottenham and West Ham. But Relevo reckons they are yet to get a bite from Danjuma’s preferred options.

Instead, so far, the only firm offers for the 25-year-old have come from Everton and his former club Bournemouth. And those involve loan deals.

Read more: Top ten €100m Premier League transfers to come after Mudryk joins Chelsea

More Related Articles