Manchester United are said to have £65million left in their budget after signing Mason Mount. That could stretch to Andre Onana if they move for Mehdi Taremi…
UNITED TURN TO TAREMI
To the surprise of precisely no one, Manchester United are cheaping out again…
Having been linked with the likes of Harry Kane and Victor Osimhen, despite having no intention to even call Tottenham or Napoli, the Red Devils are looking once more in the bargain basement for a striker who might do a job for Erik ten Hag.
According to Jornal de Noticas in Portugal, their latest target is Mehdi Taremi. The Iran striker, who will be 31 this month, finished as the Portuguese league’s top scorer last season with 22 goals for Porto as part of 31-goal haul in all competitions.
Taremi, who revealed this week that he snubbed Newcastle last year, has today entered the final year of his contract at Porto, who would insist on at least £17million to part with the striker.
FEYENOORD KEEPER ON RED DEVILS’ RADAR
That kind of fee would leave something in the kitty for Ten Hag’s other priorities. The Manchester Evening News says United have a budget of £65million for a striker after agreeing to part with £55million for Mason Mount. But with Ten Hag looking for a new goalkeeper, Taremi would free up funds to throw at Andre Onana.
Inter Milan say the Red Devils have been in touch to enquire about Onana. “Manchester United have expressed an interest which may or may not lead to an offer in the next few days,” said CEO Beppe Marotta on Friday night.
While United faff about around Onana, they have asked David De Gea to hold fire on signing for another club. Another report from Talksport says United will have to sell before they can make an offer for Onana, with The Sun suggesting that Fred is a target for former boss Jose Mourinho at Roma.
Even if United sign Onana, a report from 1908 in the Netherlands suggests they will also move for Justin Bijlow. The 25-year-old is said to be valued at around £13million.
PSG EYE PORTUGUESE PAIR
PSG are closing in on a deal to appoint Luis Enrique as a replacement for Christophe Galtier. As soon as the ex-Barcelona and Spain boss takes the throne, he wants the Parisians to get busy in the transfer market.
Enrique is reported by 90min to have made clear his desire to sign Bernardo Silva. The Manchester City midfielder was a target for Saudi clubs and Barca have been sniffing too, but PSG are far better placed than the Catalans to meet City’s £75million asking price.
The incoming coach also wants PSG to pounce on Joao Felix. The Portugal attacker has returned to Atletico Madrid following his loan spell at Chelsea but Relevo says Enrique wants to whisk him off to Paris this summer.