Gossip: Man Utd told Koulibaly price, Juve eye Man City star

Date published: Saturday 29th February 2020 9:35

KOULIBALY UP FOR GRABS FOR KNOCKDOWN PRICE
Kalidou Koulibaly looks likely to be one of the summer’s most in-demand stars and it seems Napoli have set their price for the centre-back.

Manchester United, PSG, Real Madrid and Juventus have all been linked with Koulibaly and when they have enquired before, it was reported that Nappoil would only allow the Senegal star to leave if his £127million release clause was paid in full.

But Corriere dello Sport (via our friends at Sport Witness) says Aureilo De Laurentiis will now accept £85million – though the Napoli owner is adamant that  he ‘will not even answer the phone for anything less’, which seems fair if Harry Maguire’s price is now seen as the benchmark for a top class central defender.

It was reported in the week that PSG were at the front of the queue since Koulibaly was buying a £3.38m apartment in Paris.

JUVE HAVEN’T A PRAYER OF JESUS DEAL
While Koulibaly looks to leave Italy, Gabriel Jesus could be heading for Serie A.

That’s the hope of Juventus, who have apparently been paying very close attention to the Manchester City striker. Calcio Mercato reckons Juve’s sporting director Fabio Paratici has been on several scouting missions to check on Jesus, who has started 13 of City’s 27 Premier League matches so far this term.

But that doesn’t appear to have bothered Jesus. Apparently the striker has told City he will only leave if they wish to sell him. Otherwise, he’s going nowhere.

 

KEPA KEEN TO QUIT CHELSEA
Kepa Arrizabalaga is not quite so content. The Chelsea keeper has seen his arse after being dropped for the last four games and The Sun reckons he wants out of Stamford Bridge this summer.

Kepa reckons neither the club nor Frank Lampard have supported him through his dip in form and the world’s most expensive keeper will look to quit after two seasons in London. But the 25-year-old fears being priced out of a move given Chelsea would look to recoup as much of the £72million they paid in 2018.

The Spain stopper could be one of eight big names to be axed this summer in an attempt to raise £150million, which would part-fund a £300million spree on the likes of Jan Oblak, Jadon Sancho, Ben Chilwell, Dayot Upamecano and Timo Werner.

 

AND THE REST
Manchester United have been scouting Fiorentina winger Federico Chiesa… The agent of RB Leipzig midfielder Emil Forsberg says it is no surprise Tottenham want him… Leicester are close to signing Arnaud Lusamba on a free transfer from Nice… Atletico Madrid are eyeing Willian on a free… West Ham will sell Nathan Holland for £2million.

 

More Related Articles