Transfer gossip: Man Utd linked with three strikers after Arnautovic rejection

Date published: Monday 8th August 2022 8:27 - News Desk

Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic.

Manchester United could move for Stuttgart’s giant forward Sasa Kalajdzic, while they continue to be linked with Cody Gakpo and Benjamin Sesko…

 

MAN UTD AMONG THREE KEEN ON KALAJDZIC
Manchester United seem to have a thing for budget Austrian strikers at the moment…

Over the weekend, the Red Devils made an offer worth around £7.5million for Marko Arnautovic, but Bologna dismissed the bid, telling United to try a little harder for the 33-year-old.

Instead, they might switch their focus to Sasa Kalajdzic. The Daily Mail reckons United, as well as Chelsea and Everton, are keen on the 6ft 7ins centre-forward, who could be available for around £15million.

Bayern Munich are also said to have discussed Kalajdzic, who scored six goals in 13 Bundesliga games last season.

 

ARSENAL TARGET ON RED DEVILS’ RADAR
Cody Gakpo is also mentioned by the Daily Mail as as a possible United target, though three other Premier League clubs are sniffing around the PSV Eindhoven forward.

Football.london says Arsenal retain their long-standing interest in the reigning Eredivisie Player of the Season. while Leeds and Nottingham Forest are also keen.

Apparently, £30million should be enough to land the §23-year-old, which makes you wonder why no one has coughed up yet.

 


Ten Hag shellshocked by Potter as Man Utd boss fails to avoid blame despite countless caveats


 

UNITED STILL WORKING ON SESKO 
United are also said to be continuing to work on RB Salzburg over a deal for Benjamin Sesko.

The teenager’s agents met with John Murtough over a week ago before also sitting down with Chelsea owner Todd Boehly. Salzburg, though, are rather less motivated to do a deal.

Depending on which report you believe, the Austrians have slapped a price tag on Sesko that varies between £45million and £55million. Other whispers suggest they have no intention of doing any deal until next summer at the earliest.

That isn’t deterring United, and Goal says the Red Devils are continuing to work on Salzburg. Knowing how United work, a bid of £10million is due any day now…

 

FOREST SET TO BLOW £50M ON DUO
Nottingham Forest appear to have lost out to Everton over Idrissa Gueye, but the Premier League new boys are said to be edging closer to a record deal for another of their targets.

The Telegraph says Forest are inching towards meeting Wolves’ asking price for Morgan Gibbs-White.

Apparently, Wolves rejected Forest’s offer of £35million last week, but the Tricky Trees aren’t done yet and the expectation is a deal will be done this week.

Before then, Forest are set to sign Alex Moreno, with John Percy reporting that a £9million deal has been agreed with Real Betis for the left-sided wing-back.

 

More Related Articles