Transfer gossip: Spurs eye axed Bayern boss while big names wait on Man Utd takeover
Tottenham won’t be appointing Thomas Tuchel anytime soon but the ex-Chelsea manager’s move to Bayern Munich has opened up an unexpected opportunity for Spurs…
NAGELSMANN OPPORTUNITY FOR BAYERN
While Tottenham faff about over Antonio Conte’s employability, Bayern Munich are being far more decisive. The Bavarians are set to confirm the sacking of Julian Nagelsmann and the appointment of ex-Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel as his replacement.
Developments in Bavaria obviously kill the prospect of Tuchel taking over at Tottenham but with that door closed, Nagelsmann’s is now open.
And football.london are one of the outlets suggesting that Spurs will explore the possibility of the axed German taking over from Conte. Apparently, ‘Nagelsmann being available for work could be a massive opportunity for Spurs to snap up one of the best young managers in world football’.
CHELSEA EYE BRAZIL, ARGENTINA ACES
At Tuchel’s former club, it seems the pressure on his replacement, Graham Potter, has abated somewhat amid their more encouraging recent form. So the speculation once more is around the summer strengthening that Todd Boehly will inevitably indulge in…
Givemesport says the Blues are still keen on Raphinha having missed out on the Brazilian when he moved between Leeds and Barcelona last summer. Barca are still a financial basket case and may have to cash in some of their assets, with Raphinha’s future in doubt.
Chelsea also have a ‘firm interest’ in Alexis Mac Allister, according to football.london. They aren’t the only ones. The player’s father told ESPN: “Clubs are starting to call us for Alexis… we’ll decide together with Brighton, they deserve respect.”
Tammy Abraham is once again being linked with a return to the Premier League, this time by Sky Italy. Abraham is of interest to Manchester United but Chelsea have a buy-back option on the England striker, even if Boehly is reportedly seeking a discount on the £70million he would have to pay to activate it.
Read more: One thing about each of the Premier League’s Sh*t Nine that makes us want them to survive
RASHFORD, MITCHELL WAIT ON UNITED TAKEOVER
United are already short of strikers so, ideally, they would like Marcus Rashford’s future sorted in a timely manner.
But The Sun says the England star, currently on a break in New York, is waiting to see the outcome of United’s takeover – assuming the Glazers intend to sell – before committing his future to his boyhood club.
The process took something of a farcical turn on Wednesday night when it was claimed that both Sir Jim Ratcliffe and the Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad al-Thani had submitted improved offers before a sift deadline, before it emerged that both had been granted extensions.
Ratcliffe and his backers are reported by The Independent to be making plans to hire Monaco chief Paul Mitchell, who is also a target for Liverpool.