Wenger issues transfer updates on Gnabry, Arsenal duo

Date published: Thursday 26th January 2017 12:21 - Matthew Stead

Arsene Wenger has issued an update on Arsenal’s transfer plans with the January window closing next week.

The Gunners have signed just one player so far this winter, with Cohen Bramall arriving from Hednesford Town for £40,000.

There have been no new additions to the first team however, and Wenger does not expect that to change ahead of Tuesday’s deadline.

“We are not on the verge of signing anything,” he said.

One player who has been linked with a move to the Emirates is winger Serge Gnabry, who only left the club in the summer to join Werder Bremen.

He has impressed in Germany however, and discussed a potential Premier League return earlier this month.

When asked whether he had any updates regarding a potential return for the winger, he replied: “No. We have sold Serge Gnabry to Bremen.

“At the time it looked like Bayern Munich were behind it. I don’t really know. But at the moment no, we do not re-sign him.”

Wenger then discussed the fates of full-backs Mathieu Debuchy and Carl Jenkinson. On the former, he said that updates have “gone quiet” because he has not “closed the door” on him.

“There is a lot of competition on the right flank, now Gabriel has been convincing on the right side as well,” Wenger added. “So I don’t close the door, but he is fully fit now, so he’s available to play.

On Jenkinson, whose move to Crystal Palace collapsed recently, he said: “Only he has to agree personal terms but at the moment he has not managed to do that.”

More Related Articles