Wolves agree £15.4m fee for Bundesliga star with striker set to sign a five-year deal

Date published: Monday 29th August 2022 2:55 - Joe Williams

Wolves signing Sasa Kalajdzic looks frustrated

Wolves are on the verge of signing Stuttgart striker Sasa Kalajdzic after they managed to agree a fee with the Bundesliga club, according to reports.

The Premier League side have been on the lookout for a striker all summer to boost their goalsoring exploits, with only the three relegated sides last season scoring fewer goals than Wolves.

Bruno Lage’s men have started off this season in a similar way with just two goals in their first four matches, while they are also still looking for their first win of the campaign.


Liverpool score nine but Mo Salah makes worst XI alongside Chelsea midfielder


Wolves allowed Fabio Silva to join Anderlecht on loan earlier in the summer, leaving them with Raul Jimenez – who was injured for their first three matches – as their only striking option.

But they could be in for a major boost before the end of the transfer window with The Athletic claiming that Wolves have agreed an €18m (£15.4m) fee to sign Stuttgart’s Kalajdzic.

The Austria international is ‘set to sign a five-year deal with the option for a further season’ after scoring 24 goals in 60 appearances for Stuttgart.

A 1-1 draw against Newcastle United at the weekend saw Wolves pick up their second point of the season but Lage was unhappy that Fabian Schar avoided a red card for a challenge on Neto early on in the second half.

Lage said: “There were two decisions against us, it’s hard to take. I was surprised when I saw it, it looks like a red card and – after we saw the image – 90 per cent of the people will say its a red card but VAR took a different decision,” he said.

“VAR should have said to the referee to look and afterwards he could have taken a better decision.

“We gave another good performance. When we conceded the goal it is a bit frustrating but the good signals are there.”

Lage also revealed that Willy Boly failed to turn up for the match despite being selected in the squad amid links to Nottingham Forest.

He added: “He was in the squad but he did not turn up. He has been a great professional, he has not had problems with me but he wants to force something.

“They are all men, they know how to do it, but they need to be professional. I took my decision to put him the squad list and he made his decision.

“He has a proposal in his hands and he wants to go. That’s my feeling. I understand he wants to move but I told him he needs to understand I need to put him in the squad. After that Boly took his own decision.”

 

More Related Articles